We are an IT services provider headquartered in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. We are excited to offer you a position in our organization: Helpdesk Technician. This is a full time position containing 2x 12 hour shifts (Friday 5pm to 5am & Saturday 5pm to 5am) and 2x 8 hour shifts (Wednesday 9am - 5pm & Thursday 9am - 5pm) with 3 days off per week (Sun, Mon, Tue off).
The ideal candidate will be proficient in or have some exposure to the following:
1) Knowledge of Windows Operating System and sufficient experience to troubleshoot a wide range of potential user issues,
2) Familiarity with Windows patching using automated systems as well as manual management via Windows Update utility,
3) Knowledge of Linux based operating systems and experience using command line tools (bash, vim, etc),
4) Familiarity with at least one Very High Level programming language (Java, Python, Perl, etc).
In addition to the skills listed above an *exceptional candidate* will also have the following experience:
1) Knowledge of firewalls, whitelisting and blacklisting, and an ability to setup and troubleshoot VPNs,
2) Knowledge of IP telephony and an ability to support a diverse ecosystem (Avaya, CISCO, etc.),
3) Familiarity with cloud virtualization platforms (VMWARE, Azure, AWS, OpenStack, etc) and experience deploying and managing virtual machines (including configuration and change control),
4) Familiarity with server and PC hardware and experience swapping hardware components.
Duties and responsibilities:
Our organization prides itself on providing superior customer facing support to a select clientele. As such, our staff must project confidence while resolving problems. There will be times when support staff need to conduct further research to assist a client. In times like these the ability to reassure power users that issues are being solved is central to ensuring our clients feel positive about our service. Therefore, a requirement of the position is an ability to remain calm under pressure.
IT is a rapidly evolving field and we know from experience that not all problems can be solved in a few minutes. That being said, an ideal candidate MUST be able to conduct research and digest information rapidly in order to facilitate a timely resolution. You will be required to work in a fast paced environment supporting a highly differentiated ecosystem of devices. Your potential to learn (and therefore gain value) is unlimited, as we work with some of the most advanced technologies on the market.
Also, you *must* be able to work some (not all) weekends and holidays.
Lastly, there are times when we must add servers or other hardware to racks. Therefore you must be comfortable with occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds and assisting with hardware builds / rack installs.
The following explains with greater detail some of the aspects of the position and what we will provide in terms of training:
We have contractually agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to support requests for IT technical assistance via phone, ticketing system, and in person. You will be trained how to perform the tasks associated with the SLAs.
In addition to SLA tasks that you will manage directly you will also be trained regarding when to escalate problems to senior engineering staff.
Some of our projects will require you to work as part of a team. You will be assigned tasks and will need to provide updates to team leaders. As such, you must demonstrate an ability to manage your time in an effective manner.
We are looking for individuals with good character and genuine interest in technology.
You must possess a *Valid* Drivers license and be able to pass a background and drug test.
Excellent communication skills along with the ability to self-start are required to be successful in this position.
Position is for evenings 5pm to 1am Sunday through Thursday
Kansas City, MO
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 12:54:28 PDT