Mechanical Design Engineer (Rotating Equipment)
SUMMARY: Provide detailed design analysis for mechanical systems including reducers, gears, bearings, motors, and seals. Provide forensic analysis of mechanical systems and equipment as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Interact with design engineers to develop customized products and improve existing equipment.
2. Proficient in AutoCad 2D and work closely with Product Engineers to provide detailed design and cost analysis of rotating equipment.
3. Work closely with drafting team and be proficient in checking drawing.
4. Be timely in release to manufacturing.
5. Contribute to the quality and integrity of the product.
6. Positively affect ongoing product improvement.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. A degreed engineer, (BSME required - PE desired) with 10 years experience with machine design and rotating equipment.
2. Have a good understanding of manufacturing processes including, fabrication, machining, and manufacturing methods.
3. Have demonstrated skills in mechanical design, including stress analysis, knowledge of power transmission systems, machine components, piping, structural and materials selection relative to rotating equipment, pressure vessels and conveying equipment. Knowledge of ASME code is helpful
4. Establish priorities, be accurate, and pay close attention to details.
5. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels inside and outside of Komline-Sanderson.
6. Be an effective problem solver and have the ability to make sound decisions.
7. Be proactive and a positive team player who is adaptable, flexible, and willing to take on new challenges.
8. Have a hands-on approach to problem solving.
9. Be well versed in Microsoft Office. Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D is required.
Komline-Sanderson develops, designs, and manufactures innovative equipment and systems for industrial process/production applications, industrial and municipal wastewater treatment plants and flue gas treatment.
Since its incorporation in 1946, Komline-Sanderson Engineering Corporation has provided the highest quality equipment for applications including process/production filtration, drying, wastewater treatment, sludge processing, and pollution control. The company and its subsidiaries supply equipment to a diverse group of customers around the world including the municipal wastewater and electric power utilities, and a broad range of industrial clients.
Our experience ranges from simple one-machine installations to complex multi-step processes and systems. Reliability, ease of operation, rugged design, proven performance, and superior customer service are hallmarks of Komline-Sanderson installations.
Komline-Sanderson is privately held with corporate headquarters at 12 Holland Avenue, Peapack, New Jersey, 07977, USA.
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 12:37:21 PDT