HPC Development Engineer
The Development Engineer - HPC Scientist will create innovative parallel methods and implementations, primarily focused around the solution of linear equations providing an overall speedup to company-wide products.
This role is part of a distributed and highly collaborative team of motivated HPC Scientists driven to create the fastest HPC solutions possible. The successful candidate will be involved in reviewing parallel method proposals from fellow group members for merit and estimating time for development. Initial focus will be on scalable distributed, direct methods for the solution of large sparse linear systems.
- PhD in mathematics, computer science, computational science, or engineering with deep expertise in linear algebra both theoretical and computational. WORK EXPERIENCE (state number of years and field)
- Five years commercial software development is preferred. Deep academic or research and development background in HPC and Linear algebra may suffice in lieu of industry based experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to communicate with a range of peoples of different technical and experience levels and the ability to be self-directed as well as to work in a team.
- Strong desire and passion for creating real world and high impact solutions.
- Method innovation - demonstrated knowledge in new parallel method development and implementation exploiting both shared and distributed memory computing architectures.
- Knowledge of large sparse matrix methods with a focus on sparse direct methods.
- In depth knowledge of computational linear algebraic methods as well as theory and demonstrated an ability to understand real world applications.
- Product Development experience indesign parallel computational linear algebra software and integration with large scale commercial applications (CAE preferred).
- Technical strategy development in collaboration with a team, including product management for parallel methods and implementations to satisfy user requested enhancements and concepts coupling with a highly sophisticated software architecture.
- Experience ininterfacing with clients, fellow researchers, and ability to comprehend present and desired applications of high performance computing
- Knowledge of and experience partnering with providers of plug-in's and a range of existing HPC libraries, tools, and environments.
- Deep experience in FORTRAN, C (or C++), MPI, OpenMP, and Shell programming or ability to become expert in these and related tools. Expertise in CUDA and/or OpenCL is highly desired.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance parallel numerical methods and algorithms used in MSC's products.
- Conceive, prove and create innovative parallel methods and implementations while concurrently comprehending and improving existing methodologies.
- Focus on algebraic methods development with a strong emphasis on the solution of linear systems for performance, optimization and improved customer experience.
MSC Software is one of the ten original software companies and the worldwide leader in multi-discipline simulation. Every day presents new challenges and the chance to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We take great pride in our contribution to the development of the world's leading products that play a vital role in shaping how we live, work and play.
MSC Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) with medical benefits, 401k, and paid-time off.
Newport Beach, CA
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 17:27:12 PDT