The Permit Technician position is responsible for maintenance and processing of all municipal permits, contractor registrations, inspection records, and provides direct administrative support, development-related support, and general customer service to multiple departments. This position requires the ability to learn multiple management and records systems, and be successful in multi-tasking, team-oriented environment that may include regular interruptions. This position is also highly visible; involving frequent contact with the general public. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Processes applications, calculates and collects fees, maintains accurate records, and tracks information pertaining to building permits, contractor registrations, inspections, platting, zoning, and other documents, as assigned
- Tracks building projects from initial application through issuance of Certificate of Occupancy
- Schedules/coordinates meetings/inspections with contractors, inspectors, and other stakeholders
- Updates all forms as required, completes census reports, and related public information requests
- Assists in the review of permits and plan submittals for completeness and compliance with Town ordinances
- Maintains, updates, and reviews new building permit software
- Researches building code questions for contractors, developers, staff, and the public
- Updates, analyzes, and suggests revisions related to all building and permit related ordinances, policies, and procedures
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of and administering the Town's customer service processes, working with vendors to resolve issues, and acting as liaison between employees and general public
- Answers incoming calls to the Town's main telephone line, as necessary
- Archives records in electronic databases in compliance with record retention schedules
- Supports development staff as needed, including but not limited to: research, ordinance amendments, map revisions, right-of-way acquisitions, code enforcement, responding to citizen/contractor inquiries, and providing information to customers, as needed
- Completes all other tasks, as assigned or required.
High School Diploma/GED and valid Texas driver's license is required, with one (1) year of experience in customer service, cash handling, and technical support functions related to the review, processing, issuance, and management of municipal construction permits, including experience with electronic permitting systems. ICC Permit certification and/or Associates' degree is preferred. The successful candidate will be required to obtain ICC Permit Technician certification within 12 months of employment.
The Town of Westlake is an oasis of natural beauty that maintains open spaces in balance with distinctive development, trails, and quality of life amenities amidst an ever expanding urban landscape.
Nestled in the DFW Metroplex, Westlake is a Gold Level Scenic City and home to many small independent businesses and several corporate campuses.
Sat, 25 Mar 2017 12:52:27 PDT