Accountant / Controller
Job Summary & Responsibilities
We are a fast-growing B2B healthcare services company seeking a detail-oriented controller to perform the following functions:
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Hire, train and develop staff based on needs of the department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the staff.
- Planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, staff development, rewarding and disciplining employees and problem resolution.
- Intermediate-to-advanced understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Supervise and/or participate in preparation of various financial statements and reports - reviews financial statements with partners.
- Review and direct the processing of all accounting functions.
- Review and reconcile all general ledger entries.
- Direct and participate in cost analyses & rate studies. Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenue. Explores opportunities to reduce net operating expenses.
- Prepares cash balances report for partners and explores cash management opportunities.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls. Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems. Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Assist the consulting CPA firm in the preparation of all year-end data and journal entries required for tax purposes.
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate the following:
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Creates a sense of team spirit and helps to create a positive work environment.
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; aligns work with strategic goals
- Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values. Follows through on commitments.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to help achieve departmental and company goals.
- Organizational Support: Follows and supports policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Responds to management direction and follows instruction.
- Oral/Written Communication Skills: Speaks/writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Actively participates in meetings. Presents himself/herself in a well groomed professional manner
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget. Conserves organizational resources. Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all MS Office applications, but especially Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com CRM is a plus
- Familiarity with FinancialForce.com accounting platform would be great, but is not a prerequisite.
MedPro provides reliable, cost-effective practice management services to healthcare facilities in more than 47 states. MedPro was founded on the principles of fair pricing packaged with simple and safe solutions designed to keep practices and their employees protected so that they can focus on what matters most, their patients.
We are an open and energetic place to work that values attitude and work ethic above all else. We have the feel of a startup, but will provide you with the resources of a Fortune 500 company. There truly is no limit to how successful the right individual can be with MedPro. Regardless of experience, we are willing to train the right person. With the right attitude, anyone can be successful here at MedPro.
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:49:32 PDT