We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant who will assist with various general ledger accounting functions and financial reporting. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant will focus primarily on GL accounting, financial statement preparation and analysis. The Senior Accountant will cross train to learn other key functions within the Accounting Department and act as a utility player when necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Must be process driven and understand the flow of each accounting transaction through General Ledger to the Financial Statements. Understanding of how transactions in the ERP system effect the General Ledger.
2) Ability to generate, analyze, and interpret reports for Management and financial reporting purposes.
3) Efficiently create complex reports that are easy for non-accountants to follow and understand using spreadsheets, the ERP system, and accounting software.
4) Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations, budgets, reports, and schedules. Utilize cross checks, controls, and analysis to ensure financial results are reported without error.
5) Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while handling conflicting priorities.
6) Show initiative in suggesting new or more efficient ways of performing assigned tasks.
7) Ability to work cohesively with other members of the Accounting team as well as to collaborate with other departments and managers.
8) Tracking of intercompany transactions
9) Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1) Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
2) Ability to manipulate, interpret, and analyze data
3) Ability to make independent decisions using sound judgment
4) Ability to adapt to different Managerial styles
1) College Degree in Accounting
2) Minimum of 3 years month end close, financial statements, and reporting.
3) Extensive General Ledger accounting experience and familiarity with GAAP.
4) Must be accurate, detail oriented and proficient with computer based programs and trainable on Company specific programs.
1) Experience working with Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold
2) Quickbooks experience
Bourne's Energy is a local, family-owned and operated fuel delivery & service business since 1947! Bourne's cares for the community in traditional fashion but is considered a leading edge innovator when it comes to our environment and its future by forging the path with friendlier heating fuels and high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment.
Bourne's has been recognized for Environmental Excellence, Excellence in Risk Management, Governors Award, Community Support, Community Donations and much more.
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 15:40:55 PDT