Administrative Coordinator (Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students)
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Financial and Administrative Services, the candidate will perform office and administrative duties and collaborate closely with other staff in the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students Office. In addition to the duties outlined in the CUNY Title Overview, tasks will include, but will not be limited to:
- Coordinate administrative support to departments and programs within the Division of Student Affairs.
- Coordinate departmental purchasing
- Collaborate with Human Resources for all hiring needs and payroll functions.
- Serves as a liaison to various College offices including Instructional Computing & Information Technology, Facilities Management & Planning.
- Schedules and organizes senior staff calendars and upcoming program events. Develops meeting agendas; schedules ongoing staff, department, and task force meetings; maintains all meeting summaries and files.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Excellent writing, editing, organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with CUNYFirst systems is highly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, EXCEL, and competency with digital and/or web-based tools
- Commitment to the values of public liberal arts education and appreciation for work in a diverse and fast paced work environment
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks in a deadline driven environment with time constraints
- Ability to spot issues/problems and identify potential solutions
- Ability to uphold strict confidentiality
- Ability to easily develop and maintain collegial relationships in a complex college community
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefit. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin April 29, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator (Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students)
Job ID: 16612
Full/Part Time: Full-Time