IT Academic Technology Coordinator - SEEK
The Percy Ellis Sutton Search for Education, Elevation and Knowledge Program (SEEK) is a higher education opportunity program offered in the senior colleges of the City University of New York (CUNY). It was established to provide comprehensive academic support to assist capable students who otherwise might not be able to attend college due to their educational and financial circumstances. Students are admitted into SEEK regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, disability, or creed.
The Percy Ellis Sutton SEEK Program at Hunter College is located in the Upper East Side of Manhattan. It provides a network of comprehensive programs and services in order to assist participants in maximizing and enhancing their academic potential. Over 500 students are served by the program.
The successful candidate will work to expand academic support through the use of current and emerging technologies in the SEEK Labs. The IT Academic Technology Coordinator reports directly to the SEEK Director.
- Assists students and Academic Support Centers' staff with the use of technology to further learning.
- Assists with the promotion and use of Online Academic Support.
- Conducts workshops for students on the use of different online platforms used for academic work.
- Trains Centers' staff on the use of different online platforms used in courses..
- Regularly updates technologies and monitors and keeps accurate reports on the use of computers in the SEEK Learning Center and in the Computer Lab.
Bachelor's Degree required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides support to students and faculty in the use of instructional systems, software, and programs.
- Researches and prepares program materials, FAQs, and user guides
- Provides telephone and/or email support for faculty and student users of instructional systems, software, and programs
- Develops training materials and delivers orientation/training sessions
- Maintains on-line information on web sites
- Acts as liaison to related areas such as CUNY's Computer and Information Services area, to evaluate and escalate reported problems, and disseminate information notices
- Assists faculty with use of instructional technology to support educational goals
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: IT Academic Technology Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin May 4, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: IT Academic Technology Coordinator - SEEK
Job ID: 16610
Full/Part Time: Full-Time