Instructional Technology Specialist
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructional Technology Specialist for Las Positas College in Livermore, California.
Under general supervision, provide technical support to faculty who are integrating technology into their curricula, including those who are designing/teaching online courses; support faculty and staff in ensuring that all materials placed on College websites are accessible to all students.
Job Title Instructional Technology Specialist
Position Type Classified
Position Code 3CTE06
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $2,924.17/month
Job Location Las Positas College, 3000 Campus Hill Dr., Livermore, CA 94551
Department Academic Services
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
1. Provide technical support for College faculty in the area of instructional technology; promote the use of instructional technologies to faculty.
2. Provide technical support to faculty and staff in the use of current course management system software, such as Blackboard.
3. Provide technical support to faculty and staff in the use of multimedia hardware and software for use in instructional technology; test and troubleshoot related hardware and software.
4. Lead the College’s web accessibility efforts to ensure that all web-based instructional materials are accessible to students with disabilities; train and support faculty and staff in web accessibility.
5. Provide technical support to students taking distance education courses.
6. Provide technical support during training workshops.
7. Provide assistance to various projects relating to distance education.
8. Stay current in technologies related to multimedia, course management system software, and web accessibility.
9. Perform related duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
Any combination of the following would provide a typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by two years of college level course work in computer science, web design, or a related field.
Two years of experience in multimedia technical support, including one year of experience working with web accessibility.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
1. Current course management system software.
2. Multimedia hardware, such as digital cameras and scanners.
3. Multimedia software, such as PowerPoint, Premiere, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and QuickTime for both the Windows and Macintosh platforms.
4. Web accessibility guidelines, techniques, and software.
1. Provide technical support to faculty, staff, and students.
2. Troubleshoot hardware, software, and equipment configuration problems.
3. Plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
4. Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
5. Document technical procedures.
6. Keep accurate records.
7. Work independently in the absence of supervision.
8. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
9. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
10. Work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the varied racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, academic, socio-economic, and disabled populations of community college students.
Job Work Schedule
25 hours/week, Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., hours may vary depending on department needs, occasional evening and weekends required as needed, 12 months/year.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work is performed primarily in a classroom and office setting.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a classroom and an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number AS052P
Open Date 03/21/2017
Close Date 04/21/2017
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER