Process Support Engineer Analytics
This position initiates, conducts and tracks process development (improvements) and changes for analytical IT systems, such as MES and SAP QM to keep the CHA site competitive with respect to output, cost, quality and EHSS by execution of the technology strategy of the business division.
This position provides IT and technical services in order to provide for data consistency and quality for chemical, physical, and general analytics at the WACKER Polysilicon plant in Charleston, TN.
This position will support the transfer of processes from Burghausen/Nunchritz to the Charleston site and continuously align processes between all Business Division-Polysilicon sites.
- Exerts influence on employees not directly their subordinates in technical aspects, to ensure that improvements are made
- Defines and completes projects
- Controls project deadlines
- Provides input for technology strategy for MES/SVDB and SAP-QM
- Ensures data consistency in MES and SAP (e.g. weekly clean up)
- Develops adjusted database queries and proper reports (documents)
- Supports continuous process alignment between all Business Division-Polysilicon sites
- Assures data validity for all database applications
- Conducts analyses of problems and deviations on the existing analytical data and software processes (troubleshooting)
- Works closely with the other process engineers and quality department
- Ensures that IMS conformity of the database and its applications is applied and documented
- Close cooperation with IT Department to assure timely follow up on all IT relevant topics
- Implements equipment and software including process support (e.g. maintenance, update, installation, license management, etc.)
- Effectively organizes workflows and procedures
- Develops improved processes and equipment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering required, Master's preferred
- 1 - 3 years experience in related field
- Very good IT skills, especially databases and statistical data processing (Excel, Minitab)
- Knowledge of SAP-QM preferred
- Experience in development / production / analytics / technology preferred
- Experience with Oracle/SQL and able to read and write complex queries
- Good knowledge of instrumental analysis preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications and multi-tasking skills
- Able to perform and succeed in an environment of schedule and cost pressure
- Able to professionally deal with changing priorities and scope requirements
- Independent and very systematic working style
- Good organizational skills
- A team player, able to work effectively with colleagues in other areas and at other levels of the organization
- Able to make objective judgment and fact-based decision making approach
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Tennessee is desired but not required
Physical Condition and Work Environment
- This position may require frequent standing, walking and sitting
- Personal protective equipment is necessary
- Candidate must pass a pulmonary function test to be capable of wearing air purifying respirator, if required
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 17,000 employees from 70 nations.
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors - from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber - for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 17,000 employees from 70 nations.
At our North America headquarters in Adrian, MI, or Charleston, TN, we are currently looking for a(n) Customs Compliance & International Logistics Agent.
Ensure Wacker Chemical Corporation's (WCC) and Wacker Polysilicon North America (WPNA) a subsidiary of WCC are in compliance with all laws and regulations governing Importing / Exporting / Foreign Trade Zones and Free Trade Agreements via a firm knowledge of the regulations governing such activities as well as developing and maintaining documented procedures.In addition to compliance with all pertinent regulations, provide advice and support to Business Teams and Supply Chains in establishing routing, Incoterms and Import / Export costs.
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 11:20:07 PDT