Business Systems Analyst
We are hiring a Business Systems Analyst for a Contract position in Plano, TX
FOR IMMEDIATE DETAILS ABOUT THIS POSITION, contact ANY of us direct, referencing the job# below:
LINDSEY YOUNG: (800) 732-4680 x713
ADAM WEBB: (800) 732-4680 x711
KIANA AREVALO: (800) 732-4680 x703
JOANNE SMITH: (800) 732-4680 x720
E M A I L: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Business Systems Analyst
JOB REF#: 29124
Duration: 12+ Months (On-going Contract)
Location: Plano, TX 75024 (on-site only)
Rate: Open/Market Rate, depends on experience level (W2 ONLY)
** We will NOT accept 3rd party, Corp to Corp (C2C) or Independent (1099) contractors for this role **
A global company is seeking to hire an experience professional for a long-term, on-going contract in Plano, TX. The average consultants has been with this client between 3-5 years with the option to hire direct. If you are looking for a long-term stable opportunity, than this is the ideal position for you. All work will be performed on-site and you must be available for a face to face interviews.
Business Systems Analyst (BSA) plays a core role in the Waterfall/Agile software development process. The purpose is to own delivery of user stories, which is achieved by contributing specialist business analysis knowledge and providing product knowledge and context. The BSA acts as the conduit between the business customer, and the delivery team. They will identify, interpret, and define business need and features; translate them into requirements; and lead the process to visualize, document, and communicate functional product solutions used to design, build, and test the system. The develops innovative online solutions with a mission to deliver a seamless, compelling, transparent car, insurance, and finance product purchasing
• Understand current business environment, client and stakeholder requirements and apply this knowledge to ensure that deliverables meet the business requirements.
• Provide input into the development/implementation processes to ensure that deliverables meet the business requirements.
• Triage defects to determine if the defect does conflict with business requirements as captured in the specification documents.
• Gather requirements by demonstrating a range of business analysis techniques appropriate to the setting.
• Critically analyze, negotiate and actively contribute to decisions on requirements. This includes engaging appropriate parties to facilitate the identification of problem and root cause
• Understanding the product extensively, being viewed as the subject matter expert.
• Demonstrate visible progress on work and cross functional behavior to ensure quality, on time delivery.
• Engage and consult with senior staff to communicate risks and issues and clear impediments that have the potential to impact the delivery schedule.
• Play a driving role in building the maturity of the BA practice by actively engaging on the prioritized work to showcase efficiency, innovation and continuous progress.
• Create, contribute to and maintain business analysis documentation, ensuring high level of specification completeness, quality and consistency.
• Actively engage in the review of documentation and critically assess the existing standards and documentation set, fostering continuous improvement.
• Incorporate approved improvements into the specification and documentation set on an on-going basis and update standards.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of company reference material (e.g. project documentation and Training Modules).
Stakeholder Management and Collaboration
• Strive to exceed the expectations of stakeholders by using clear communication, to understand and assess business requirements so that the right solutions are adopted.
• Ability to engage with a range of stakeholders and tailor the message to the audience, changing the approach if required.
• Work closely with the Product team to understand the vision and convert it into user stories.
• Play an active role in the development team including contributing to the scrum ceremonies.
• Lead and facilitate when required based on the situation. Manage nonessential discussion points, and achieve consensus.
Task Management and Completion
• Accept, work to and refine tasks, giving accurate effort estimates.
• Contribute to prioritization of tasks based on importance and urgency, and complete tasks.
• Remain focused on long-term goals when executing against short-term objectives
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: (Resume must reflect this experience)
• 5+ years' experience as a Business Systems Analyst, supporting all phases of the SDLC
• Experience designing and/or developing high volume, large scale WEB SERVICES
• Familiarity with Banking industry/field
• Experience with the Waterfall/Agile software development process
• Experience identifying, interpreting, and defining business requirements, translating into systems requirements; and leading the process to visualize and document
• Well developed in negotiating, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to lead and mentor others in the BSA role.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent engineering or technical disciplines required.
• Open enrollment of Medical/Dental/Vision benefits (Aetna).
• 401K Retirement program.
• Paid Bi-Weekly/Direct Deposit.
• Flex Spending Plan.
• Voluntary Life, AD&D, STD or LTD plans.
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 02:06:48 PDT