Senior Sales and Business Development Manager - US Licensing
Are you a sales and business development manager with experience in enterprise software? Do you enjoy working collaboratively with others? Then ABBYY North American Headquarters invites you to apply for the position of Senior Sales and Business Development Manager within ABBYY's US Licensing group. You'll find an atmosphere where talented individuals with a passion for new technology work cooperatively to create, market and sell software that is at the cutting edge of content capture and innovative language-based technologies. Combining the excitement and challenges of an innovative environment with the stability of a long-established company, ABBYY offers the rare opportunity to team with the best - while free from the stress of a tech startup. In fact, our solutions serve over 30,000 customers worldwide across a variety of fields: From Medicine and Energy to Pharmaceuticals and Transport. So if you're a results-driven problem solver who thrives on challenge, likes a small-team work environment within an industry-leading enterprise and enjoys the dynamic ambiguity associated with leading-edge technology, ABBYY is the place for you!
What You'll Be Doing
As a Senior Sales and Business Development Manager you will: help support our growth and improve our market position by growing business relationships; identify sales opportunities and develop them; and negotiate and close sales. You will be selling products and services that include ABBYY FineReader Engine SDK, FlexiCapture, ABBYY Mobile OCR SDK, ABBYY Recognition Server, ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine, ABBYY cloud-based solutions and ABBYY Professional Services. In support of this, you will develop leads and close business driven from an established network of business contacts that you currently have and/or that you build. Additionally, you will qualify, track, and follow up on leads generated by the ABBYY marketing organization and be responsible for the coordination of the entire sales process. This includes, but is not limited to, communications with customers, communications within ABBYY and any other duties assigned by the Senior Director/VP of Sales and Business Development for the US Licensing Team.
Your home office will be your primary place of work, except when, as requested by management, your presence is required onsite at ABBYY. Between 25% and 50% of your time may be spent in travel.
In your role as Senior Sales and Business Development Manager you will serve as primary point of contact for ABBYY USA and will be expected to provide an exceptional customer experience - while also driving to meet defined revenue objectives. As such it will be your duty to:
• Sell ABBYY products and services to meet your assigned monthly revenue quota. Geographic coverage is primarily USA. There may be a more specific territory assigned such as a region in the US.
• Source and develop new and expanded sales prospects, negotiate sales agreements and close sales opportunities.
• Provide overall sales and account management support for any new or existing customers as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a communications strategy for assigned and closed customers. Note: Strategy may include a combination of phone calls, emails, onsite visits or marketing-type contacts on a defined and regular basis.
- Create and update Accounts, Opportunities, Trials and Orders within the ABBYY SalesForce Customer and Partner Relationship Management system (CRM and PRM).
- Maintain and update assigned leads, accounts and opportunities in SalesForce and ensure the information in SalesForce is completely up to date.
- Work with Inside Sales to qualify opportunities and identify decision makers, their business needs, available budgets, one or more suitable ABBYY solutions and expected timelines.
- Actively participate in product training sessions, meetings, team and skills building activities, and professional development classes. Work with the ABBYY USA Presales and Training teams to coordinate product demonstrations and/or product training for prospects and customers.
- Successfully manage SMUA (Support Maintenance and Upgrade Assurance) contracts.
- Take direction and collaborate with the Senior Director/VP of Sales and Business Development for the US Licensing Team to determine essential monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales objectives and responsibilities.
- Prepare and provide data and information for sales team meetings focusing on revenue performance, forecasts, and customer satisfaction initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications
Mandatory skill sets and requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree or 4-year equivalent.
- Ten years+ of outside sales experience.
- Three years+ selling data capture products (including but not limited to Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. An exceptional ability to communicate via phone, email, SMS, Skype and webinars.
- High-proficiency in productivity tools and technologies including Microsoft Office, SalesForce, Internet, Webinar and social media.
- Excellent telephone sales skills.
- High organizational and product presentation proficiency.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Closing, prospecting, sales planning and territory management skills.
- A high capacity for self-direction and the ability to work effectively in both remote and office-based environments.
- The flexibility to manage changes in priorities and business demands.
- Desirable: Experience selling subscription-based products and services, mobile solutions, ECM platforms, workflow solutions, A/P Automation, software development toolkits (SDKs), document classification tools and natural language processing (NLP) solutions.
Please email your resume and salary requirements to: IWantToWork@ABBYY.com with the subject line highlighting the position title
ABBYY creates technologies and solutions to action information.
We are a global company that sets the standard for content capture with innovative language-based technologies that integrate across the information lifecycle.
ABBYY solutions optimize business processes to mitigate risk, accelerate decision-making and drive revenue.
ABBYY offers a competitive compensation package and an exciting career for motivated and skilled individuals.
ABBYY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 14:54:04 PDT