iOS Gaming Developer
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will help develop a cross-platform (Android / iOS) framework that will support social engagement through shared gameplay. This position works closely with art, design, and production team members. You will work with the tools team, prototyping team, and core framework team to help improve the products content pipeline and game code. You will have a critical eye for improvements across our application tech and process: workflow, code quality, stability, and performance.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
• Propose, design, and implement features into a cross-platform framework that runs optimally on all target devices.
• Contribute features and functionality to the game client.
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies / improvements to boost the game's performance.
Other responsibilities include:
• Resolve issues specific to Android and/or iOS builds.
• Contribute game ideas, visual concepts, and overall thoughts on the game throughout development.
• Minimum of 5 years developing mobile based games.
• Game development experience with modern mobile cross-platform game engines, like Unity or Unreal.
• Strong C# and Java or Objective-C development experience.
• Familiar with technical issues related to multiplayer mobile gaming - synchronization, intermittent connectivity, client/server, dead reckoning, user accounts, etc.
• Familiarity with Android and/or iOS specific development tools, IDEs, profilers, etc.
• Experience with cross-platform development environments with shared codebases.
• At least 2 shipped games on either Android or iOS mobile devices.
• Willing and able to writing clean, maintainable code.
• Willing and able to work under tight deadlines to deliver products / prototypes on time.
• Can work on site in Mountain View
• Must be authorized to work in the US
Nice to have's:
• BA/BS/MS Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with VR and/or AR projects.
• Experience with game prototyping.
• Knowledge of 3D graphics and advanced mathematics (linear algebra, calculus) and/or knowledge of high performance graphics.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skill.
• Strong people skills, able to take direction while contributing to a game's final look.
• Working knowledge of build and release process and tools (git, P4, Jenkins, CI).
• Some familiarity with most aspects of game development: art generation, engineering, design, scripting, QA, marketing.
• Understanding of mobile economies, Free to Play mechanics and design concepts.
Akorbi offers multilingual business solutions in more than 170 languages to some of the largest companies in the world. The company offers a full range of language, localization and global marketing solutions, including: professional staffing, translation, interpretation, multilingual call centers, business process outsourcing, sign language interpretation, alternate formats, transcription, eLearning and eDiscovery. The company holds several certifications including ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003, EN 15038:2006 and M/WBE Certification.
Mountain View, CA
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 13:36:58 PDT