Scala Guru, Ninja, or Rockstar Wanted
Overview - Decooda, an exciting big data, analytics, and data science technology startup building its team in Atlanta. We are seeking development experts for our core technologies team. Candidates should have a broad experience in various technologies and a complete understanding of the software development lifecycle. Our engineering efforts will be focused on both back-end development of our own Big Data platform and our Cognitive Analytics Engine that we provide to our Fortune 50 clients to deliver real-time business intelligence from all/any social media, enterprise, third-party, IoT and machine data
Job Description - Decooda is seeking a KICK-ASS developer to join our team to help develop the next generation of big data analytics platform. If you are a curious and innovative high-achiever that is interested in leveraging game-changing technologies to solve big challenges and turn the world on its head, then Decooda may be the place for you.
Location - 3340 Peachtree Rd NE #1010 - Atlanta, GA 30326
- Must know Scala
- Must have experience with Big Data Platforms like Hadoop, Storm and Spark
- Must have green card or be a US citizen
- 4+ years of relevant software development experience
- Proficient in Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Understanding of Microservices, Serverless Architectures, Continuous Integration
Developer - As a key member of our development team you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and development of the our Liquid Data Platform. You should have a strong background in software development and backed with experience. We are looking for individuals comfortable with the entire software lifecycle with rock solid data structures and algorithms, and knowledge of software development best practices. Specifically, we are seeking developers with experience that includes any combination of the following:
- Experience with functional languages like Haskell, Scala, LISP
- Experience with Actor based concurrent framework or language (e.g., Scala, Akka, Erlang, etc.)
- Experience with Message-oriented Middleware (Kafka, ActiveMq, RabbitMq)
- Experience with scrum and agile development.
- Good knowledge of the full web stack.
- Experience with implement RESTful web services.
- Experience with Database schema design and SQL.
- Interest in Graph Database technology.
- Familiar with testing methodologies and stacks (ScalaTest, Specs, JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, Selenium).
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3).
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Big Data (Spark, Storm, Lucene, ElasticSearch, Solr, Hadoop).
- Ability to work/travel as part of a team that is geographically distributed.
- Social Media APIs (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, etc.).
- Machine learning, computational linguistics, NLP, statistical modeling.
Knowledge of the following is a plus:
- Big data processing
- Massive parallel processing
- Distributed computing
- Graph databases (Ie: Neo4j)
- NOSQL DBs
- FPGA and GPU.
Decooda is a rapidly evolving intelligent market insights company. Our mission is to turn big data into actionable insights that enable marketing and sales teams to identify insights and behavior that can drive real-time consumer targeting and engagement. We achieve our goals through a combination of developing cutting edge linguistic-cognitive analytics, massive parallel processing approaches, and creative cognitive applications and techniques.
Widespread interest and sustained calls for our product means that we are currently seeking to expand our team. We have several open positions to support our growth.
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 08:06:53 PDT