About the Job
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with from three to seven years of financial reporting/accounting experience in a corporate banking, controllership function, to join the Controller's Department at this growing Bank, First American International Bank (FAIB). This is an opportunity to make a real impact helping us build a productive, vibrant finance function. We are seeking to fill two financial positions, one at a more senior and one at a more junior level . The areas of responsibility include:
- Financial reporting, financial analysis, cash management reporting and forecasting reports.
- Preparation of internal and external financial statements (daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly)
- Timely and accurate monthly close process
- Fixed Assets reporting and processing
- Analytical reports meeting Board (monthly) and Regulatory Agency financial reporting requirements (i.e. Call Report)
- Cost control activities and strategies
- Preparation and analysis of operating results, including budget and forecasts
- Work with auditors and regulatory examiners
- Policies and procedures accounting updates
We offer our employees competitive compensation; a supportive, fun and caring work culture; opportunities for life-long learning and career advancement; and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision care, a 401(k) plan, and pre-tax transit benefits.
To succeed in this position, candidates need to be a high-energy, results-oriented, roll up your sleeves team players with:
- 3-7 years accounting and/or financial reporting experience in corporate banking, controllership function.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance or related field (MBA or CPA preferred)
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and all state and federal regulations, including those of the FASB
- Knowledge of general ledger, computer programs and applications used by bank accounting and reporting departments
- Knowledge of investment strategies and interest rate risk analysis
- Skill in determining foreseeable future financial needs and developments affecting the Bank
- Ability to work with deadlines and provide reports on a timely basis
At First American International Bank (FAIB), our mission is to help everyone we touch live a happy, healthy and financially enriched life. We are looking for great people to help us achieve that mission, people who value and embody high ethical standards, superior customer care, mutual respect, teamwork, friendship and fun!
FAIB started in 1999, with the dream of bringing meaningful banking services and financial guidance to the Chinese American immigrant community. Today, FAIB is the largest locally-owned Chinese American community bank in New York, with offices in Brooklyn, Queens and Chinatown (Manhattan), offering a full array of consumer and business banking products and services. FAIB is certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), designated as a Minority Bank, a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and an equal housing lender.
We offer employees competitive compensation; a collegial, supportive, fun and caring work culture; opportunities for life-long learning and career advancement; and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision care, a 401(k) plan, and pre-tax transit benefits.
FAIB values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 11:32:20 PDT