Reports to: Design Engineer Manager
- Ownership of design and development of automotive interior trim components from production release to start-of-production (SOP).
- Track assembly and component part functional, Testing, key date timing, key characteristics, and weight requirements to SOP.
- Lead engineering and design reviews to develop and maintain open issues list.
- Tier II Supplier liaison and management.
- Support the manufacturing plant with design solutions for current production part quality, assembly and manufacturing issues.
- Control of Design Verification Plans and Sign off Report.
- Pre-Production parts follow-up and vehicle build support.
- Initiate development testing as required and report results into the DVP&R.
- Follow established work practices that support compliance with all company policies, safety standards, 5S practices, regulatory and/or customer requirements.
- **Senior Design Engineer: Mentor new product engineers and PE technicians in engineering, department, and company responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science- Engineering degree (BSME Preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years of plastic part design, preference for automotive engineering experience (CAD design, Product Engineering and Change Management).
- 5 to 10 years experience automotive sun visors or headliner (preferred)
- Experience in tooling plastic components and processes are strongly preferred.
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical system preferably in automotive industry.
- Experience working with Windows operating system as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with CAD in NX 9.0 or CATIA V5 (preferred). MUST BE A HEAVY CAD USER
- Understanding of Component Releasing, Change Control and Data management is desired.
- Understanding of DFMEA, (Lessons Learned documents).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively with a minimum supervision.
This job operates in an office and manufacturing environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment. The performance of this position will also require exposure to the manufacturing areas, which requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses.
The employee frequently is required to sit and occasionally required to stand or walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instruction, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Kasai North America, Inc. (formerly known as M-Tek, Inc.) a leading Tier-1 automotive interior supplier is a world-class organization that produces high quality products. Kasai North America offers a competitive salary and benefits package including paid holidays, vacation, life, disability, medical, dental, vision, wellness program, drug card and a matching 401K program in a team environment.
Kasai North America is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Kasai Kogyo Co. Ltd., a Japanese automotive parts manufacturer of over forty years, with facilities located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Kasai is known worldwide for its innovative technology and high-quality products. Our combined international operations and North American operations provide broad-based services, from design and development through testing and production.
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 07:07:39 PDT