Manufacturing Project Engineer
Intralox, L.L.C. is a fast-growing, New Orleans-based supplier of modular plastic conveyor belting and affiliated technologies. With $400 million in current annual revenue - more than half coming from international customers - we file an average of 20 new patent applications each year.
Our Manufacturing Engineering Group seeks an experienced Project Engineer to bring new innovations to our manufacturing processes. The successful candidate will be a highly talented and self-managed individual who gets a kick out of engineering positive change.
• Work with Intralox Manufacturing and Industrial Engineers to understand current processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency, capacity, quality, and safety.
• Develop and coordinate proposals and contracts.
• Partner with external integrators to deliver quality equipment on time.
• Coordinate resource needs with all impacted internal groups and external integrators.
• Develop creative solutions and alternatives for specific problems in manufacturing.
• Develop conceptual project plans and schedules (timing, resources, success/ abort criteria, communication)
• Work with purchasing to obtain bids and conduct value analysis, as well as cost estimates and detailed budgets
• Communicate with operations, maintenance, engineering, and management to understand manufacturing process, and identify/prioritize opportunities for improvement (safety, cost savings, production, quality)
• Actively manage projects from start to finish (budgeting, planning, tracking, and reporting).
• Identify key technology partners to deliver best in class solutions
• Stay current with innovation trends by attending trade shows and visiting other manufacturing plants.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
• 8+ years combined experience in engineering design and technical project management.
• Manage multiple projects, tasks, and resources concurrently
• Excellent communication (verbal/written) and relationship management skills
• Maintain poise and focus under time constraint pressures and adverse conditions.
• Willingness to travel 20-30%. Mostly domestic, some international.
• Some work occurs on holidays and weekends when required by specific projects.
• Lean manufacturing certification and/or formal training in the area of Lean Manufacturing
• Experience troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis
• Proficient in design and project management software
Intralox was founded on the commitment to an idea.
In 1947, Intralox founder JM Lapeyre patented the first industrial shrimp peeler, but encountered problems moving the peeled shrimp on metal conveyor belts due to rust and corrosion building on the belts. He approached major rubber and steel conveyor belt manufacturers to produce a modular plastic belt, but he was told this was not feasible. Undeterred, JM invented the modular plastic conveyor belts and thus, Intralox was born.
Over the last four decades, Intralox has developed a worldwide reputation for ethical and responsible business practices, and maintained our founder's commitment to treating employees, customers, and suppliers with honesty, fairness, and respect. Our growth and sustained success is the result of a diligent focus on continuous improvement, a core belief that self-managed people are our greatest asset, and a commitment to ideas, teamwork, and effort.
We pushed past the boundaries of traditional conveying systems with the revolutionary invention of modular plastic belting, and continue to move beyond industry standards. With over 800 active patents and new products such as our Activated Roller Belt Technology and Food Safe Technology, working with Intralox allows you to experience our uncompromising commitment to providing solutions and solving problems for our customers.
Self-managed people are our greatest asset.
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 14:47:33 PDT