Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst
SUMMARY: This position will be involved in various day-to-day financial activities within the Accounting/Finance group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Participate in the monthly closing process by performing various accounting duties for select general ledger accounts including calculating accruals, recording journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts and performing expense variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of monthly operating reports and financial statements, along with the annual budget/forecast.
- Process weekly expense reports, ensuring that all expenses and supporting documentation comply with company policy.
- Assist in the management of the fixed asset accounting process including recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets, preparing monthly depreciation detail, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Contribute to the implementation of controls, policies and procedures that support the growth and expansion of the company.
- Prepare schedules/reports for quarterly board packages and the annual CPA-audit.
- Create ad hoc reports and analyses as requested by management, utilizing Excel and other company software systems (MS Dynamics Solomon, Vintners Advantage).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience, CPA or MBA a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills with experience using the following functions: Vlookup, Sumif, Pivot Tables, Linked Worksheets, and Named Ranges.
- Aptitude and desire to learn in a growing and dynamic environment.
- Work is mainly performed in a normal office environment.
- Attention to detail with strong analytical skills and the capability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with other departments at all levels.
- Ability to work with confidential information on a regular basis.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 760 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative.
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 10:49:16 PDT