Design Engineer II
Utilizes technical expertise and innovative thinking to develop world-class product designs that exceed customer and financial expectations. Performs in-depth investigations in material selection, design performance evaluations, test development, and product reliability standards. Leads technical task team for implementation of complex design solutions. Develops skill set of Engineering Design Team to meet expectations of internal Product Engineering team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
• Works independently with minimal supervision. Provides timely updates on progress of assigned projects, efficiently managing activities to demonstrate ability to handle multiple complex assignments.
• Establishes and maintains engineering design development schedules for major projects. Works with Industrial Design Studio, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Finance to ensure projects meet strategic requirements.
• Continuously performs structural analysis, using standard engineering principles in conjunction with Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, via personal computer (PC) and keyboard/mouse, followed by prototype testing verification, to determine design integrity and manufacturability of complex design solutions.
• Leads activities with Manufacturing Engineering to determine new processing techniques to improve product quality and minimize labor and overhead costs on design proposals.
• Performs engineering design, design verification, and production verification testing to ensure manufactured product meets governmental and agency performance specifications as documented on Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R). Develops and documents new testing procedures to verify product integrity of new designs and/or features, including, but not limited to, acquisition of prototype or manufactured product; test requisition preparation; test monitoring; and evaluation of product performance to Haworth, agency, governmental, and industry standards.
• Analyzes competitive product by evaluating materials, product performance, manufacturing processes, packaging, and product costs to prepare written reports documenting findings and opportunities for product improvements.
• Periodically reviews and updates Haworth performance specifications to ensure specifications exceed customer expectations for product reliability.
• Stays abreast of world-wide performance standards in area of expertise; serves as local expert on product compliance.
• Serves as engineering expert to assist Sales Engineers and customers with field technical requests regarding product performance and material properties.
• Assists with developing and training engineering design team in best practices for CAD and Finite Element Analysis (FEA), where applicable.
• Maintains technical competency in area of expertise through review of published literature, interaction with academic institutions, and with peers in professional societies, as well as peers within supplier base.
• When applicable, uses "hands on" prototyping to demonstrate proposal. Assembles prototypes using power and hand tools. Lifts/moves parts weighing up to 60 pounds during engineering evaluation.
Resource is a staffing and recruitment industry leader with thousands of satisfied clients nationwide. We offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work for our clients in either full-time, part time, temp to perm or temporary positions. We pride ourselves on our focus on helping our employees find their next job.
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 14:22:55 PDT