Program Coordinator - Community College Initiative Program (F/T Grant Funded), CFRE20055ISS
Coordinate the Community College Initiative (CCI) Program which is a federally funded grant that brings underserved, under-represented international students to US community colleges for academic, professional and cultural immersion for one academic year. Manage all grant activities including academic, social and cultural components of the program as it pertains to the requirements of the CCI; manage the budget; and assist in preparing financial quarterly reports. Prepare all quarterly programmatic reports.Work closely with the Offices of Student Affairs and Career Services for student support services; collaborate with college faculty, administration, staff and the community for grant activities and requirements; and coordinate cultural activities and community service outings for CCI students. This is a restricted position and is contingent on federal funding.
Position Title: Program Coordinator - Community College Initiative Program (F/T Grant Funded), CFRE20055ISS
Duties of Position:
- Provide hands-on project management for all aspects of the grant as defined by the grant requirements in collaboration with the Manager of International Student Services.
- Assist CCIP students in selecting and pursuing an academic program of study and monitors their academic progress.
- Organize and provide delivery of a customized orientation program upon the arrival of all new CCI students.
- Work with the academic Associate Deans and faculty members in the development and scheduling of summer coursework for CCI students.
- Work with the third-party housing service to facilitate housing arrangements for CCI students.
- Provide information to the Career Services Center for contacting external community organizations to facilitate professional development opportunities and internships for the students.
- Advocate for on-campus issues related to the CCI in collaboration with academic administrators, teaching faculty, counselors and advisors, and staff.
- Plan and facilitate group field trips and volunteer activities which help the students acquire a deeper understanding of the U.S. culture and society.
- Coordinate the social host program and facilitate interaction between the host communities and the students.
- Advise CCI students on sensitive and confidential issues related to cultural, financial, academic, social, health, legal, professional and personal matters.
- Organize, conduct and document individual and group meetings with all the international students enrolled in this program on a consistent schedule.
- Assist in preparing grant reports; participate in weekly conference calls with the CCI staff; and serve as an institutional liaison for governmental agencies regarding any disciplinary, immigration, legal and security issues which may arise.
- Prepare invoices and other related paperwork for grant program expenses.
- Using college vehicles, provide transportation when needed for CCI students participating in grant activities.
- Other duties as assigned for the continued success of the Community College Initiative Program.
Experience and Education:
Minimum - Bachelor's Degree
At least two (2) years' of experience working with students in a post-secondary environment. Experience in cross-cultural interactions and/or student service program development and implementation. Experience in the design, delivery, and evaluation of student programs. Project management experience. Appreciation of the diversity of cultural and linguistic differences - Experience with budgeting. Exercise professional discretion in handling confidential conversations and documents. Valid Illinois driver’s license. Excellent written and oral communication skills including proficiency with spelling, punctuation and grammar. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; is detail-oriented and works effectively as a self-starter. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Proficiency in using office technology (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook).
Work schedule will include some evening and weekend assignments.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: International Student Services - ISS
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt