Credentials Specialist (F/T), CFRN40844REC
Evaluate college and high school coursework relative to equivalent curricular components and degree/certificate requirements to determine eligibility for transfer credit and graduation. Communicate with students, faculty and staff regarding degree requirements, transfer articulation and graduation procedures.
Position Title: Credentials Specialist (F/T), CFRN40844REC
Duties of Position:
- Perform prerequisite course evaluations to determine acceptability, placement and equivalency of coursework. This includes but is not limited to reviewing placement and admission test scores, transfer course work, COD coursework, demonstrated competency, high school coursework and international college credit as well as verifying eligibility for Student-at-Large status.
- Review a student's prerequisite request and determine if we can verify their eligibility for course entry, if we can facilitate approval through the division office, or if student needs to be directed to a faculty member for further review.
- Communicate with students on the in-progress course verification process for prerequisites, including the expectations, required documents and deadline for acceptance. Follow up with students to ensure compliance with submitting required documentation to prevent the loss of their enrollment.
- Evaluate transfer credit relative to equivalent curricular components. Utilize resources including but not limited to electronic resources (TES, Transferology, College Source), college catalogs, course descriptions and syllabi as well as College of DuPage faculty and administrators as needed.
- Assist with the high school transcript process, ensuring the authenticity of the documents and verifying accreditation of the issuing school. Enter coursework as appropriate into the student records system.
- Enter ACT/SAT scores.
- Assist with the recording of Degree/Certificate applications, ensuing proper recording of application information.
- Evaluate and make preliminary determination on student's eligibility for awarding of a degree or certificate. Identify circumstances where a course substitution/waiver would be suitable. Communicate with the appropriate faculty/academic administrator to facilitate the approval process. Ensure that exceptions, when made, are posted accurately to the student's academic record.
- Verify accuracy of degree audit reports produced in Colleague.
- Advise and communicate with students, advisors, counselors and instructors regarding transfer and graduation evaluations and procedures so that all requirements for graduation are met and unanticipated problems are resolved.
- Utilize the Diplomas on Demand software program for the printing and mailing of diplomas.
- Assist the Veteran's services office with the evaluation of student records for acceptable academic progress and course applicability towards degree/certificate requirements for the purpose of awarding federal and state veterans educational benefits in compliance with Veterans Administration rules and regulations.
- Evaluate student records for course applicability towards health science admissions requirements for each individual health science program as well as towards general degree/certificate requirements.
- Handle substantial phone/in-person contact with students, faculty and staff.
- Assist students at Campus Central as needed.
- Requires a commitment to providing exemplary customer service.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
REQUIRED: Bachelor Degree
PREFERRED: BS/BA Degree
REQUIRED: Two years experience reviewing academic credentials, working with catalog and degree audit requirements.
PREFERRED: Three years experience evaluating academic coursework for the awarding of credit and applicability to degree requirements
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
PC, multi-line phone, calculator, laser printer, FAX machine, copy machine, imaged document software, microfiche reader.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Student Records - REC
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt