.NET Web Developer (Seasonal)
The New York City Campaign Finance Board seeks an experienced full stack .NET Web Developer. We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, and excellent benefits.
Under general supervision, with broad scope for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment, this developer is responsible for the system analysis, technical design, development, testing, enhancement, and maintenance of various applications that support the Agency's business functions. The selected candidate will be required to perform tasks related to the development of software applications and data transformation activities for the Agency.
THIS IS AN 18 MONTH SEASONAL POSITION.
- Responsible for full software development life cycle, including user interface design, database development, back-end architecture, deployment and maintenance of the defined solution based on business and functional requirements
- Design, write, unit test, and document application code to successfully deliver secure, robust, transactional and service oriented architectures.
- Understand the Agency's strategic initiatives and develop technology solutions that deliver the required business value
- Understand complex business processes/applications with intent to re-write/enhance using current tools/technology.
- Provide supporting documentation for all phases of development/implementation.
- Develop technical specifications, including data flow diagrams
- Maintain data security and internal controls of environment to adequately protect Agency assets and records
- Strong demonstrable experience in systems architecture and N-tier application development using Microsoft's web technology stack (ASP.NET MVC, C#, IIS6/7/8, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, SOAP/REST Web Services including Web API and WCF, Http Handlers, Http Modules)
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns
- Ability to build/create/maintain application databases utilizing MS SQL Server (2008 and above), including SSIS, TSQL, stored procedures, functions & performance tuning
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, recognize and react to changing business needs and effectively prioritize tasks
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and in conjunction with team members and business units. Enthusiasm and flexibility to work on a variety of projects are necessary, as well as the ability to rapidly acquire new domain familiarity.
- Ability to meet deadlines, identify issues and resolve with minimal direction
- Ability to analyze, document and validate software requirements
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle Methodology (SDLC) and Agile development methodologies
- Experience reverse engineering legacy monolithic client-server applications and reengineering and rewriting in segments in a loosely coupled service oriented architecture
- Ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
Required skills and experience:
- 4+ years of development experience.
- 2 - 3 years of experience with ASP.NET MVC 4/5
- 3 - 4 years of experience with C#, .NET, Visual Studio, ASP.NET, IIS.
- 4 + years of experience with MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Tables, Stored Procedures, Views.
- 2+ years of Entity Framework (EF) experience.
- 2+ years of Web Services/WCF/Web API experience.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in designing rich dynamic web applications using HTML5 features along with Responsive Design using CSS3
Preferred skills and experience (not required):
- ReactJS or ReactJS.NET
- Basic graphics editing using Photoshop.
- General understanding of good UI/UX design.
- Agile Scrum development methodology
- Knowledge of performance tuning, security, scalability
- Proficiency in writing unit tests and using unit testing frameworks
- Experience with Dependency Injection frameworks (Ninject, Unity)
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) or comparable Source Control tools
- Experience with Bootstrap templates
- Experience with Story Boarding tools such as Balsamiq or PowerPoint Story Boarding
The Campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that empowers New Yorkers to make a greater impact on their elections. The New York City Campaign Finance Board (CFB) administers one of the strongest, most effective campaign finance systems in the country. NYC's matching funds program amplifies the voice of average New Yorkers in city elections by matching their small contributions with public funds. By increasing the value of small-dollar contributions, the program reduces the possibility and perception of corruption from large contributions and unlimited campaign spending, and encourages citizens from all walks of life to run for office. Through its rigorous oversight and enforcement efforts, the CFB holds candidates accountable for using public funds responsibly.
The CFB publishes detailed public information about money raised and spent in city elections by candidates and independent spenders, bringing greater transparency to the democratic process. Its NYC Votes campaign engages and educates voters through community outreach, the Voter Guide, and Debate Program, empowering New Yorkers to make informed choices at the polls. In addition, the CFB seeks to improve the voter experience by advocating for legislative changes to the registration and voting process.
New York, NY
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 07:30:43 PDT