IT Support Technician / Engineer-in-Training
In the role of IT Support Technician, you will be responsible for onsite and remote technical support for PlanetMagpie customers throughout the Bay Area. Our Support customers are a combination of SLA customers (service level agreement) who require regular scheduled service visits, and on-call customers who are experiencing system issues and need immediate assistance.
The candidate who excels in this position will receive training opportunities with network engineers on IT consulting projects and based on performance will be eligible for promotion to our IT Consulting division. Candidate will be expected to regularly take and pass Microsoft certification exams in order for the company to meet its annual Microsoft Partner requirements. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, motivated, customer-oriented individual who wishes to grow in the IT profession.
- Provide basic desktop support for PC and mac users
- Provide mobile device support
- Respond to support calls and emails
- Transport hardware and software to customer sites
- Install and configure IT hardware/software
- Wireless installations and cabling
- Basic server administration
- Basic Microsoft Exchange Server administration
Skills & Qualifications
- Malware and Antivirus removal
- Operating system installation and upgrades
- Switch installation
- Client troubleshooting
- Wireless configuration
- Windows 7, 10
- Mac OSX 10.x
- Microsoft Exchange Server account management
- Microsoft Skype/Lync Sever account management (a plus)
- On premise and Cloud based backups
- Microsoft Office 365 (a plus)
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated and desire to learn IT
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Team player (essential)
- Associate's Degree in IT discipline, or work toward appropriate degree (transcript required)
- 2+ years desktop/network support experience with satisfactory references
- Microsoft certifications in Windows Desktop version 7 and 10 and Windows 2012 server, or desire and IT aptitude to achieve same
Transportation and Physical Requirements
- Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have a good driving record and a reliable automobile to travel to customer sites
- Full-time non-exempt hourly position
- $27-35 per hour DOE
- Benefits include 401K, medical, dental, vision, and long- and short-term disability insurance, discretionary bonuses, and paid technical certifications and training
Work at PlanetMagpie!
We don't just hire IT specialists. We look for people who are hard wired to do things the right way. Who like to play around with their home network or test beta software in their free time. Who are motivated by sports quotes from Vince Lombardi!
Being part of the PlanetMagpie team means you are always working with the latest technologies, in new environments, keeping your skills up to date, and achieving certifications that will prove your expertise. In return, you will get the respect and support you deserve as a valuable member of our team.
PlanetMagpie provides a full range of technical services including IT consulting, IT support, web/application development, and cloud services for small, mid-market and enterprise businesses across the United States. With offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and an office opening soon in Dallas/Fort Worth, our dedicated staff works with customers of all sizes to deploy and support enterprise-grade IT solutions that improve collaboration, efficiency and security. PlanetMagpie is a Microsoft Gold Partner and has certifications in over 10 Microsoft solutions.
We are not a body shop. Our developers and engineers grow professionally and personally in a fast-paced, challenging environment. Like drinking from a hose, there's an endless amount of technical information to absorb, process and use. If you love learning and working with the latest technologies, this is the place.
As a team member, you'll have the latest office collaboration tools to work with, including Skype for Business and SharePoint. These solutions help us work efficiently and seamlessly with each other, whether we are at the office, at a client site, or on the road.
The company is named after our co-founder Magpie, a black Labrador Retriever. A reflection of Magpie's own personality, PlanetMagpie is a place where loyalty, collegiality, hard work, and thinking outside the box are all highly valued. If you are customer-centric and growth-focused, you will excel here.
PlanetMagpie owns its headquarters at the Fremont Tech Center in Fremont's Innovation District. Employees (and their dogs) enjoy a modern, light and airy workspace with ample parking right off of Highway 880 (at Warren Avenue). Coming in on BART? The new Warm Springs BART extension to Fremont will open in 2016. From there, you are less than 3 miles from the office.
PlanetMagpie offers its employees a highly competitive salary/benefits package, and the opportunity to learn and grow with us. Benefits include 401K, medical/dental/vision insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, discretionary bonuses, and paid technical certifications and training.
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 14:21:27 PDT