College of Medicine: Pathology Course DIrector (F1700037)
COLLEGE of MEDICINE at URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Pathology Course Director
Internal to College/Unit
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign (UICOM-UC) invites applications for a part-time, non-tenure track pathology course director.
The course director will develop and administer the curriculum for the pathology course, which is delivered during the second year medical education curriculum. As part of the curriculum development, the Director will ensure that goals and objectives of the course are met.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Oversee textbook review and selection
• Plan and coordinate the course schedule, material and examinations
• Coordinate schedule of topics with other second year courses
• Verify lecture topics
• Teach sections related to the Course Director's area of expertise or interest, and coordinate other learning activities for the course
• Submit appropriate examination questions for lecture material, conduct reviews of examination questions
• Observe course delivery and interact directly with students on a regular basis
• Recruit faculty for administration of the course
• Coordinate, together with the staff, production of at least three examinations during the academic year
• Conduct analysis of examination results, assign grades and determine student advancement
• Provide feedback to faculty on their evaluation results
The successful candidate will have a MD or DO degree, be board certified, and must be a physician licensed to practice medicine in the State of Illinois and must meet the criteria for a faculty appointment in UICOM-UC.
Previous experience as medical school course director, assistant director of medical education, or similar is preferred. Demonstrated excellence in teaching is desired. The successful candidate will have an ability to combine administrative, education and clinical teaching responsibilities. The person in this position must also possess the commitment to observe and participate on a regular basis in the classroom with the students, and also be willing to participate in appropriate academic, clinical research or other scholarly activity.
This is a part-time, 12-month non-tenure track specialized faculty position. The salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's qualifications.
For full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your current CV with names of three references by April 28, 2017.
For further information, please contact:
Pathology Course Director Search
c/o Jacqueline Newman
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Pathology
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Medicine
Category: Faculty and Other Academic
Open Date: 04/14/2017
Close Date: 04/28/2017