The University of Illinois Foundation (Foundation) is the official fundraising and private gift-receiving organization of the University of Illinois (University). It works closely with alumni and friends, faculty and staff, corporations and foundations, as well as campus development professionals to create fundraising programs and opportunities that benefit the University.
The Foundation has an immediate opening for a Business Analyst. The Analyst will be responsible for business-focused IT tasks in support of Advancement systems at the University of Illinois. The Analyst will become versed in the duties of various business units and translate the needs of the business into viable technical solutions using available systems or recommending the creation of additional systems or processes. The Analyst will develop a strong understanding of systems and software in use and serve as liaison between the business community and technical staff, facilitating requirements and design discussions. The Analyst will provide tier-2 production support by prioritizing, troubleshooting and resolving issues. The incumbent will be expected to leverage their own unique skill set to perform a variety of hands-on functional tasks such as requirements gathering, business analysis, business process design, data analysis, functional testing and escalated product support.
• Bachelor's degree required with preference for Computer Science, MIS or business major
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a Business Analyst role
• Strong facilitation skills with experience leading diverse groups towards resolution
• Ability to represent/communicate technical requirements and trade-offs in a business environment to facilitate effective decision making
• Proven capacity to understand complex business and technical concepts
• Strong written and verbal communications skills with an ability to adjust content based on the audience
• Experience in Higher Education
• Understanding of advancement concepts and processes
• Experience with an enterprise CRM software solution such as Blackbaud CRM
• Experience creating business process diagrams and documentation
• Experience using SQL for performing database queries
Competitive benefit package and compensation commensurate with experience. Comprehensive background check including, but not limited to, a criminal conviction and credit check will be conducted.
Application Deadline: May 5, 2017
Application Process: For full consideration, all candidates must complete an online application and create a profile at jobs.uif.uillinois.edu and upload a cover letter and resume. Applicant interviews may begin before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Foundation Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS FOUNDATION
IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Close Date: 05/05/2017