HR Senior Analyst, Compensation
Working Title: HR Senior Analyst, Compensation
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 04-14-2017
The University of Virginia seeks an experienced team member for the Senior HR Analyst, Compensation position. The University is currently transforming the way Human Resources (HR) services are delivered to create a high-performing, efficient and integrated human resources service model to advance the University's mission (includes the Academic Division, Health System and University Physicians Group). This position serves a critical role by supporting compensation program and plan design, implementation and ongoing administration. The incumbent will report to the Director, HR Total Rewards.
The incumbent will provide transparent, compliant and clearly articulated compensation philosophy and governance, market competitive salary structures and practices, deliver leadership education and guidance on pay practices, prepare consistent classification and titling of positions, and ensure internal equity and external pay competitiveness practices.
A Bachelor's degree is required in addition to a minimum of three years of relevant experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work with third party compensation surveys
- Administer compensation programs
- Comply with all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting compliance, compensation, and business operations
- Apply, as appropriate, knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques pertinent to the HR function of which the Compensation team is a part, including project management, governance and risk management, HR analytics and technology, compensation, and finance
- Work in HR systems and compensation planning technology
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong and innovative problem solving and analytical skills to thoughtfully and tactfully navigate barriers to progress
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81643