Grants and Contracts Administrator
Working Title: Grants and Contracts Administrator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Pathology
Posting Date: 04-14-2017
The Department of Pathology at the University of Virginia seeks an experienced, results oriented Grants and Contracts Administrator to provide oversight and facilitate post award administration and compliance over the life cycle of department grants and contracts. This position will ensure investigator compliance with sponsor requirements, and serve as a primary contact for investigators and the Grants and Contracts Office. The incumbent will train and support investigators in the use of online research reporting and effort systems, and monitor grant budgets, spending rates, continuations, renewals, and end dates. The administrator will also collaborate on communicating pre-award funding opportunities to investigators and assist in the preparation of proposal submissions as needed.
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent and prior experience in sponsored programs and contracts administration. Incumbent must have excellent analytical ability and experience in preparing financial reports and remedial action plans. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel are required.
A master's degree and Certified Research Administrator (CRA) licensure is preferred. Experience with UVA Integrated Systems (GL, GM, LD, HR Viewer modules), Discoverer and basic knowledge of Clarity budgeting are also preferred.
This is a restricted position and is contingent on the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to work accurately and with great attention to detail.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Some accounting experience; excellent analytical skills.
4. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of pre or post award grants and contracts, including accounting experience.
6. Ability to lead and train.
7. Ability to access and present information to faculty.
8. Good understanding of the organization's overall business and its objectives.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81639