Director of Athletics, #A01119
Director of Athletics
$82,659.20 - $111,737.60 annually
Online applications must be received by Friday, April 21, 2017.
Montgomery College, has need for a full-time, Director of Athletics, A01119, in the Student Engagement/Student Services department. The normal work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm, and some evening and weekend hours are expected.
The Director of Athletics is responsible for providing comprehensive leadership to the collegewide athletics program. The director is also responsible for hiring, supervising, and most importantly, ensuring that the college remains in compliance with NJCAA regulations and Title IX related compliance in collaboration with the Title IX coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates all administrative direction and oversight of the Athletic Department for all campuses including intercollegiate and intramural programs.
- Develops and monitors athletic department goals.
- Participates in and provides leadership in various college committees and initiatives
Ensures compliance with national, regional, state, and conference, athletic eligibility for all student athletes.
- Follows college policies and procedures in the administration and supervision of the athletic program.
- Conducts annual review and assessment of all programs and services under supervision as required.
- Ensures that student athletes meet academic and health eligibility criteria as outlined by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and the Maryland Junior College Athletic Conference (MD-JUCO).
- Oversees the recording and submission of all athletic eligibility documentation to the National Junior College Athletic Association. Maintains and archives student-athlete records
- Coordinates academic support services for student athletes to ensure appropriate academic advising and required study halls for athletes.
- Ensures monitoring of academic progress of athletes and documenting satisfactory academic progress of athletes.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Education, fitness, health or a related field, or any combination of education, training and experience providing understanding of the field.
- Five years of related experience including a combination of any of the following: managing intercollegiate athletics, athletic program development, supervising staff, planning, budgeting, and/or coaching
- A valid driver's license.
- Thorough knowledge of program and budget development and management; of intercollegiate and intramural athletics, rules, and regulations; of applicable athletic associations and conferences, and student athletic eligibility.
- General knowledge of fundraising and development.
- Ability to plan, budget, lead, coach, determine eligibility requirements, and work effectively with a diverse student population and organize and plan appropriate fundraising activities.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Experience managing a large and comprehensive budget.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by Friday, April 21, 2017.
- To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment .
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire :
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Job Executive, Administrator
Primary Location US-MD-Rockville
Organization Collegewide Athletics
Job Posting Mar 3, 2017, 12:00:00 AM
Unposting Date Mar 20, 2017, 11:59:00 PM