Technical SCRUM Master
We are hiring a Technical SCRUM Master for a Contract position in Denver, CO
Technical Scrum Master
We are a leading provider of dialysis services for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure. The Company owns and operates kidney dialysis centers domestically across 43 states and internationally. This position is within one of our Business Initiative (SBI) groups - Falcon Physician.
Falcon Physician (http://www.falconehr.com/) is a SaaS based electronic health record application that is sold to Nephrologists. The Falcon Physician R&D team is responsible for developing and maintaining the software application for our customers. Falcon Physician is seeking customer oriented and highly motivated teammates to join our engineering team.
We are seeking a Technical Scrum Master who will be responsible for working with the product, development, and QA teams to support Agile methodologies in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Help the team on self organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Must be able to assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Must be able to remove impediments for the team
- Be familiar with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Experience with fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by the development and QA teams
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to the teams
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, and with an emphasis on problem solving
- Be a facilitator for getting the work done, be able to facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication and with improving transparency
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Be able to communicate well with teams and Management
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Familiar with Kanban methodologies
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 3 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. 4-6 years preferred.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, Kanban
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 20:49:43 PDT