Executive Assistant, Office of Vice President for Facilities
Requisition # 2017-7373
Department VP for Facilities, Office of
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 4/14/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Office of the Vice President for Facilities seeks a highly skilled, dynamic Executive Assistant to join our team. The Facilities organization is comprised of nine departments, employs over 700 staff members with an operating budget of approximately $125M. Reporting to the Vice President for Facilities, the Executive Assistant provides executive-level administrative support to the Vice President and administrative assistance to other senior members of the organization as needed.
The Executive Assistant is a key member of the Vice President's senior staff and plays an important role in the support of the Vice President and the entire Facilities organization, helping to ensure that Facilities provides a high level of customer service and operates with a high level of professionalism.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for proactively managing the Vice President's schedule and complex calendar and assisting with efforts to accomplish objectives, deadlines and commitments. In addition, the Executive Assistant oversees several annual projects and manages special projects as assigned by the Vice President. The Executive Assistant must have the ability to plan and anticipate the needs of the Vice President and the ability to develop and maintain a professional, collaborative, and interactive environment.
The Executive Assistant serves as an ambassador for the campus community and has a broad set of responsibilities which include supporting the Vice President directly, managing the day-to-day operations of the office, and responding to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders. Manages the communication and coordination of information related to the Vice President's role and drafts correspondence and replies as appropriate on behalf of the Vice President.
The Executive Assistant serves a pivotal role in coordinating the preparation for Board of Trustee meetings and all internal meetings sponsored by the Vice President; organizes, manages, and provides administrative support for special projects, retreats and events; undertakes research projects and collects data as needed for meetings and special initiatives.
- Minimum of seven years of high level administrative experience supporting a senior level executive, preferably in a higher education setting
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, organizing and synthesizing information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of proficiency with MS Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with emphasis on reports and presentations
- Demonstrated strength in critical thinking and in identifying system solutions for evolving business needs
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and respond quickly to changing business needs and priorities
- Strong commitment to customer service, both internally and externally
- Facility with both strategic thinking and planning with tactical implementation and execution.
- High level of discretion in handling confidential information
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts
- Solid and confident decision-making skills and outstanding judgment, high energy and enthusiasm, and the ability to function effectively and independently
- Ability to establish priorities, anticipate schedule demands, and meet deadlines under pressure
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior University experience
- Notary Public of New Jersey
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft and Concur
*As part of the application process please submit a cover letter.
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.