Office of Contracts and Grants Entry Level Proposal Analyst
Who we are:
The mission of the Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG) is to help University of Colorado Boulder faculty, staff, and students obtain and manage external funding for sponsored projects. OCG is committed to protecting the University's interests by reviewing and approving the submission of sponsored project proposals; negotiating contract and grant awards; monitoring the implementation and administration of sponsored projects; initiating and implementing policies and procedures; providing training to faculty and staff; and serving as the University's liaison with sponsors and regulatory agencies.
What your key responsibilities will be:
The OCG position of Proposal Analyst is responsible for protecting University interests relating to the business of university research by:
- Advising faculty members on the appropriate response to funding opportunities and possible alternate sources of funding;
- Reviewing and interpreting proposal guidelines and sponsor expectations;
- Reviewing and analyzing proposals to ensure compliance with federal and non-federal rules and regulations, as well as University policies and procedures;
- Developing proposal budgets that comply with federal and non-federal rules and regulations, as well as University policies and procedures;
- Addressing compliance issues (e.g. IRB, IACUC, COI) prior to proposal submission or under "just in time" guidelines;
- Ensuring that University commitments are proper, documented, and approved;
- Resolving legal, administrative, and financial problems at proposal preparation and prior to the receipt of an award;
- Determining that a proposal is ready for submission, signing and submitting proposals on behalf of the University by the sponsor deadlines, and
- Providing formal and informal training to faculty members and department administrators.
The Proposal Analyst advises University faculty and other personnel on such matters as the allowability of costs, transfer of costs among budget categories, and procedures for obtaining approval for deviations from the approved Scope of Work and budget.
Each Proposal Analyst is responsible for a specific set of University clients including a variety of institutes, schools, and academic departments and works directly with University faculty, research administrators, and students to ensure that proposals reflect the sponsor and University requirements and are submitted by the proposal deadline.
The Proposal Analyst also collaborates with other campus departments and external sponsors to address issues and solve problems prior to proposal submission and during proposal review and evaluation. Additionally, the Proposal Analyst will develop training materials and educate campus staff about sponsored project policies, procedures, and practices. Strong teamwork skills are required to assure cross-training and coverage within the OCG Pre-Award Team.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this position starts at $45,000.00, depending on relevant background and experience.
In addition, the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree
- Approximately 2 years of prior translatable work experience
What you will need:
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong teamwork skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and hard deadlines effectively
PLEASE NOTE: There is a very similar, but senior level position available as well. Please go to: Senior Proposal Analyst.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 28, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-09057.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10059 - Office of Contracts & Grants
Posting Date: Apr 14, 2017
Closing Date: Apr 28, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00732523