Marketing and Communication Professional
University of Colorado Denver
Marketing and Communication Professional
Position #722919 - Requisition #09200
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Business School has an opening for a part-time (50%) University Staff (unclassified) Marketing and Communication Professional.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family involve development, marketing and management of messaging to both internal and external parties. Functions include marketing; advertising; communications; publications; brand management; writing; editing; proofreading; graphic design; web information architecture, development and design; web content development; electronic communications; social media; news media/relations; public relations; photography; videography; radio/television broadcasting; FCC compliance; and communication projects management.
Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the professional level, duties may be more limited in scope, may be performed with guidance and direction from other professionals, or may be performed in a training and development capacity.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
The part-time (50%) Marketing and Communications Professional is an integral and contributing member of the Business School Dean's Office and works under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and Events, and reports to the Faculty Director of the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative at the University of Colorado Denver Business School. The Marketing and Communications Professional is responsible for planning and executing marketing, communication and other activities in support of the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative at the University of Colorado Denver Business School.
Please review the complete job description, including specific examples of work performed at https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/b5eed6bc-c60d-43bf-87ac-9132a6266426.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range at 50% time starts at $24,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited
- 1 year of professional level experience in planning and/or executing marketing and communications plans with proven positive outcomes.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Three or more years of experience developing and following communication plans and email marketing campaigns with proven positive outcomes.
- Experience designing materials using Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Experience in a public University or nonprofit organization setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, able to vary writing style to communicate with a range of target audiences. Familiarity with AP Style and best practices for writing web content.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience designing fliers, brochures, web graphics and other promotional content using Adobe Creative Suite. Ability to work within pre-determined brand standards.
- Experience creating social media content, launching and managing social media platforms, writing blogs, designing infographics, and posting content to a range of platforms according to a schedule.
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress platform and basic HTML knowledge for web site maintenance and HTML email generation.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently or in a team environment. Ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience with project coordination, timelines and ensuring on-time deliverables.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Megan Stribling Megan.Stribling@ucdenver.edu.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30055 - Business School
Posting Date: Apr 14, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Megan Stribling
Posting Contact Email: Megan.Stribling@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00722919