Housing and Dining Services at the University of Colorado Boulder seeks an HVAC Technician to repair and maintain University of Colorado living areas to keep them in a clean, safe, and comfortable condition. This position exists to provide analysis, repair, maintenance and overall management of Housing and Dining Services HVAC system in a professional, safe, courteous and timely manner.
As an HVAC Technician you will receive excellent benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement and an employer contribution to your retirement plan at 10% of your salary.
Who we are:
The Housing & Dining Services Campus Dining leads the industry with superior quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We have 13 convenient campus locations, including all-you-care-to-eat dining centers, grab-n-go's, convenience stores, coffee shops, bakery, and a late-night caf.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Diagnostics and Analysis
- Perform scheduled in-depth preventative maintenance and service/repair of HVAC mechanical systems and sub-systems, i.e., pneumatic and DDC control systems, air-handling evaporation systems, chillers, rooftop equip., split systems, window units, heating/cooling water circulation systems, relater fans, piping, pumps, and other components.
- Operate, service, adjust and align equipment as needed.
- Perform detailed diagnostics and analysis for proper operation of all components.
- Note repairs that require work and schedule same.
Scheduled and Preventative Maintenance
- Perform scheduled repair work and preventive maintenance involving the cleaning, rebuilding, replacement, installation, and operation of HVAC equipment and control systems inclusive of but not limited to direct and indirect cooling towers, evaporative air conditioning systems, mechanical refrigeration systems, hydronic circulation pumps, heat reclamation systems, DDC controls, and pneumatic control systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance/service i.e. change filters, clean coils, oil/grease bearings, motors, pumps, and air wash systems.
HVAC Inspection and Repair
- Perform inspections of building HVAC mechanical and control, sub-systems and components related to control problems, heating, cooling, and evaporation/ventilation for proper temperature, pressure and operations.
- Make on the spot adjustments and minor repairs. Schedule and give notification for shutting down equipment that requires ordering parts and special tool assembly.
- Communicate with users/customers about the ramifications of such for repairs.
Building Pneumatic and Control Systems
- Layout, install or modify pneumatic and DDC control systems to upgrade performance and save energy. Repair or rebuild pneumatic and electronic mechanical controllers, temperature devices, flow emitters, positioners, operators, signal conditioners and all other related instruments.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Use of a University vehicle will be required to complete some of these duties.
What you should know:
This position may be called back from off duty to report to work and may be required to work different shifts to meet the needs of the university. This is an essential services position. The incumbent is required to respond after hours, during emergencies and report to work for their regular assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
The typical schedule for this position will be Monday through Friday 8am to 4:30pm.
The incumbent will be required to pass a motor vehicle background check as unrestricted driving responsibilities are essential to the position.
What we can offer:
Monthly Salary: $4,823. This position may be eligible for a 5% new hire salary increase within 12 months based on performance.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be active. Be innovative. Be dynamic. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Must have four years of experience repairing and maintaining HVAC equipment.
- At the agency's discretion, successful completion of a formalized heating, ventilation and air conditioning apprenticeship program, or higher level, non-correspondence course work in the same fields from an accredited vocational school or university may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must have Universal CFC certification.
What we'd like you to have:
Experience in a wide variety of HVAC systems and controls, including Evaporative Coolers, Steam, VAV, Pneumatics, Air Handlers, Chillers, VFD's.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 28th, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09099.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10391 - Housing-Administration
Posting Date: Apr 13, 2017
Closing Date: Apr 28, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00732594