Residency Education Coordinator
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Medicine
Residency Education Coordinator (Administrative Assistant III)
Position # 00692011- Requisition 09193
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a(n) Administrative Assistant III to work in the Department of Medicine at CU Denver at the CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The purpose of this full-time, state classified Administrative Assistant III is to provide administrative office support to the Department of Medicine Internal Medicine Residency Training Program. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Director and Program Administrator, manaing program and GME compliance requirements, managing UCH rotations in the MedHub evaluation system, responsible for Physician Scientist Training Program (PSTP) intern recruitment, managing of the duty hour monitoring system, to work on special projects, maintenance of resident files, preparation of correspondence and educational functions for the residents, purchasing, travel and residency verifications.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assist with the Management of the MedHub Evaluation System
- Track all Program and GME requirements for the Internal Medicine Residents.
- Supporting Program Director in preparation and management of Fellowship Application process for residents including letter preparation, ERAS management and organizing mock interviews.
- Prepare and edit outgoing correspondence and presentation materials required by the Program Director and Program Administrator.
- Utilize electronic software (Microsoft Office Suite) for correspondence and presentations.
- Greet and assist visitors on the phone and in person.
- Provide information to prospective residents by checking an existing data base, order food for events, schedule meetings, manage conference room schedule.
- File documentation required for accreditation purposes in the resident's files.
- Prepare rotation set up in MedHub at the beginning of each academic year and adjust on an ongoing basis as schedules and assignments are modified.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $3,384 - $3,740 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
Three years of general clerical experience which included at least one year of experience developing reports, letters, and correspondence as well as maintaining spreadsheets for reporting and tracking purposes
Substitutions: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the general clerical experience on a year-for-year basis, but not for the one year of specific experience.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
- Experience updating and maintaining MedHub evaluation systems or with similar software programs.
- Experience with an Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) system or with similar software.
- Experience using electronic scheduling software.
- Experience providing administrative and technical assistance to faculty, staff and residents within a higher education and/or medical education environment.
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Experience that demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds which also includes experience working with residents, staff, and faculty, within a higher education and/or academic medical environment.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have experience that demonstrates problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- The successful candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated, a fast learner and possess excellent time management, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to coordinate various projects and meet multiple deadlines.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until May 5, 2017 or until 50 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20153 - SOM-MED Administration
Posting Date: Apr 13, 2017
Closing Date: May 7, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Weber
Posting Contact Email: Jennifer.Weber@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00692011