Equipment Management Intern
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance in the daily organization and operation of three (3) athletic equipment rooms. This position will assist with and develop professional skills in numerous activities within the equipment operation such as issuing and retrieval of equipment, inventory control, fitting and maintenance of athletic equipment and event management. They will also assist the equipment staff in the supervision of student managers.
Who we are:
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)-and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region-our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes-both across Colorado and around the world.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Be available to handle the needs of student athletes and staff during reasonable hours.
- Assist in daily laundry requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of equipment needs for daily practice sessions and workouts.
- Assist in the maintenance of an effective inventory program.
- Assist in the receiving and inventory process of incoming athletic equipment and apparel.
- Assist with issuance and retrieval of equipment and apparel to student athletes and staff.
- Assist with the preparation of events with respect to athletic equipment and apparel.
- Assist in home event coverage when needed.
- Maintain equipment program in accordance with NCAA and Pac-12 Conference specifications and regulations.
- Assist in determining athletic equipment and apparel needs to ensure a nationally competitive program.
- Maintain a professional rapport with departmental, student, and outside personnel.
- Assist in all other equipment aspects of specific athletic programs.
- Assist in the supervision of student managers.
What you should know:
- This is a 12 month opportunity, starting on June 1, 2017-June 1, 2018.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $22,000.00. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be driven. Be game-changing. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree.
What we'd like you to have:
- Two years of equipment management experience at the collegiate or related equivalent experience.
- AEMA certified.
- Experience with ACS inventory software.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 28, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09097.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Athletics
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10018 - Athletics-Business Affairs
Posting Date: Apr 13, 2017
Closing Date: Apr 28, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00732588