Assistant Director II
F & A Organizational Development - 152400
Is this an internal posting only?
Established in 1890, UNT is one of the nation's largest public universities with over 37,000 students. As a public research university, UNT is deeply committed to advancing educational excellence and preparing students to become thoughtful, engaged citizens of the world. This is accomplished through a broad and balanced array of programs where well-prepared students and dedicated scholars and artists collaborate with our local and global communities in the creation, integration, application and dissemination of knowledge. In this way, UNT creates an enriched and sustainable future for our students, state, nation and world.
The F&A Organizational Development Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Policy Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for the administration and management of the university's policy program. The policy manager leads the University initiative to consistently review and revise existing policies and routes proposed policy actions for approval in accordance with the Board of Regents Rules and System Administration rules. The position reports to the assistant vice president for organizational behavior in the division of finance and administration.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Serves as a policy resource for the Policy Advisory Group (PAG), including providing historical information related to policies under consideration by PAG and providing policy review plans and with associated deliverables.
* Coordinates the development, revision, deletion, review, and approval of all University policy actions.
* Develops and maintains strong working relationships with policy owners, PAG, General Counsel and senior leadership in order to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of updated university policies and procedures.
* Conducts policy issue/best practice research and contributions to peer discussions through the Association of College and University Policy Administrators (ACUPA).
* Reviews policies for content clarity and consistency with UNT System approved format. Serves in a technical writer capacity to provide quality control and standardized submissions.
* Maintains and administers the university policy website, policy management software, policy library, and archives. Creates and maintains on-line support and tracking tools of related information.
* Works with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Review Team analyzing policy requirements of SACS standards, identifying alternative evidence when policy isn't applicable. Writes narrative for selected SACS standards.
* Designs and develops policy writing workshops and associated resources and guides. Develops and delivers policy presentations and/or policy process training to various groups and departments.
* Facilitates policy development workgroups and committees, to include regularly scheduling and leading the Policy Working Group (PWG) for policy review and strategic planning.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Experience reviewing policies and providing technical writing assistance for a large public, private or nonprofit organization.
* Demonstrated strong leadership, interpersonal, and problem solving skills with ability to gather and analyze information.
* Ability to quickly grasp complex policy issues and communicate them effectively and confidently to expert and non-technical audiences.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively in an organized manner.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the university and with individuals of various cultures and backgrounds.
* High level of integrity and demonstrated team orientation, professionalism and trustworthiness.
* A project management style that emphasizes collaboration and facilitation.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Higher Education or public sector experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting
LinkedIn, HERC, Ladders