Senior Associate Athletic Director, Business Operations
Senior Associate Athletic Director, Business Operations
Senior Associate Athletic Director
Athletics - Gen - 220410
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Senior Associate Athletic Director for Business Operations is responsible for the daily administration and general supervision of the business office operations of the athletic department. Responsible for supervising and directing all necessary functions required for the effective day-to-day operation of the department. Assists the Deputy Athletic Director (CFO) in forecasting, financial planning & strategic development for the department.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assists the CFO with preparation and administration of the annual budget, addressing department priorities while maintaining fiscal controls.
* Prepares monthly budget statements and assists with short range forecasting.
* Develops system for monitoring financial transactions and internal data used to effectively estimate budget projections and forecasts.
* Prepare reconciliations of purchase orders, journal entries, receivable accounts, credit cards, and accounting transfers for the CFO.
* Oversee travel operations for the department; coordinates logistics with coaches and staff, management of corporate travel card, liaison to travel agency, and administration of travel-related procurement activities.
* Oversight of procurement and accounts payable functions to include supervision of all business office staff, policies, and procedures.
* Responsible for the management of procurement card program, tracking and allocation of sponsorship trade, and distribution of centralized purchases.
* Manage accounts receivable functions to include invoicing and reconciling of contracts, sponsorships, tickets, and outside events.
* Serve as athletic department representative on campus PCI committee, University policies and procedures, and financial reporting group.
* Responsible for identifying cost saving initiatives and creating operational efficiencies for all business related functions.
* Develops or recommends operational policies and procedures to include business practices, guidelines, and protocols.
* Responsible for streamlining internal business office forms in conjunction with the University and UNTSystem.
* Assists the CFO with necessary functions associated with internal and external audits.
* Prepares annual reports: EADA, NCAA Statement of Revenues and Expenses, various NCAA and Conference surveys, and post-season competition reports.
* Supervises equipment services and has oversight of equipment room personnel and operations.
* Assist CFO with cost center reports and various analysis on expenses and revenues.
* Coordinate with the CFO on all IT, technology, equipment, and capital asset purchases. Create financial schedules for capital asset purchases and minor capital projects and investments.
* Coordinate with compliance on annual scholarship projections, stipend check processing, COA, and summer school planning. Assist with processing of endowment distributions and scholarship awards.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
* Extensive Knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
* Strong planning and project management skills.
* Ability to direct and manage the work of others.
* Any specialize certification as requirement by the department.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree
Special Instructions to Applicants
* Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting