JOB NO.: 90221-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: SCH OF BUSINESS BLDG SERV
Categories: Facilities, Skilled Trades, Maintenance
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90221-AS
Working Title: Facilities Manager
Official Title: ASSOC FACIL PLAN SPEC(S06FN)
Hiring Department: A122027-SCHOOL OF BUSINESS/SCH OF BUSINESS BLDG SERV
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 08, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Advertised Salary: Minimum $38,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization: Bachelor's degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience required in managing building service operations or related field. Experience coordinating with various service shops and external vendors preferred. Comprehensive knowledge of facilities services and building operations a plus.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Ability to lift at least 40-50 pounds Ideal applicants should have:
1. Comprehensive knowledge of facility services and building operations.
2. Knowledge of building management policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of UW Safety regulations and procedures.
4. Ability to operate hand tools, testing instruments and small power tools common to building maintenance and repair.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with different constituencies (i.e., faculty, staff, students, UW services, vendors, and the public).
6. Excellent organization and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy work environment.
7. Effective skills and abilities to prioritize a wide range of issues.
8. Proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to use internet browsers, e-mail, electronic calendaring, and be familiar with e-commerce vendors and online ordering systems.
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
10. Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
11. Demonstrated ability of independent judgment, initiative and discretion.
12. Ability to apply critical thinking skills to make inventive and resourceful decisions when faced with multi-faceted problems.
13. Familiar with or ability to learn: UW Purchasing, Purchasing Card, Travel Card policies and procedures
14. Familiar with or ability to learn: UW Risk Management, Safety, and Facilities Planning and Management policies and procedures.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Building Services, this position serves as the Facilities Manager for the Wisconsin School of Business (WSB), coordinating daily projects and managing specific operational activities pertaining to the physical aspects of Grainger Hall. This position works with campus Facilities Planning and Management (FP&M) and UW Physical Plant on general facility maintenance problems, requiring knowledge of environmental equipment (HVAC, plumbing, and electrical) found in an academic facility as well as of safety procedures. The Facilities Manager also provides supervision for the activities of 1 LTE staff, 5-12 student staff, and management of facility storage and mail operation. Additionally, this position is also responsible for the management of purchasing activities including carpet, furniture, and inventory control. Other responsibilities include asset management, equipment operations, development of internal training, policies procedures, and overseeing the use of computer programs and applications for Building Services activities.
The WSB occupies all of Grainger Hall which includes 375,725 asf of instructional areas, classrooms, conference rooms and office space. The School consists of a diverse population of over 355 faculty, staff and postdoctoral trainees and 2,993 professional and undergraduate students.
Additional Information: Diversity and inclusion are primary values for the Wisconsin School of Business and are integral to achieving our strategic goals. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion across all spectrums. Our school is committed to continuously increasing the cultural competence of its staff and faculty members through school-wide forums and professional development opportunities.
Contact: Nancy Andrews
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants: To apply to this position please apply online. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process. You will be asked to submit a cover letter and Resume.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 14 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 30 Apr 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time