RD Diabetes Consultant Senior/UKHC
The Licensed Diabetes Educator (LDE, MLDE) will provide integrated, comprehensive, and global management of patients with diabetes-related disorders. This individual will demonstrate a high-level of practice in diabetes education, including but not limited to care coordination and management, autonomous assessment, problem identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation of diabetes care. The employee will be guided by his/her licensed diabetes educator status within his/her individual scope of practice, provide high-level counseling, regimen adjustment, therapeutic problem solving, and recognizing and prioritizing complex data. The Licensed Diabetes Educator will engage in clinical and educational assessments to guide clinical decision-making and serves as a resource for development and/or review of BBDC materials and policies. The licensed diabetes educator maximizes teaching and learning skills with a focus on analyzing, evaluating, and creating. The Licensed Diabetes Educator demonstrates positivity and the ability to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team.
Please apply for any and all positions you feel qualified for. If you do not apply for a specific position, you cannot be considered for the position.
RD Diabetes Consultant Senior/UKHC
Licensed Diabetes Educator RD
7H045: Barnstable Brown Diabetes Center
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Registered Dietitian & Licensed Diabetes Educator
This position will require the ability to use a computer work station regularly with some repetitive motion.
Excellent verbal communication skills, strong written communication skills, ability to engage and motivate others, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Knowledge of computer software, expertise in interdisciplinary team collaboration and relations, ability to work independently, and ability to provide technical advice, guidance, and support to professional staff.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Diabetes Education experience.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Dietitian (RD, RDN, LD) or eligible to obtain this licensure by date of hire?
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Diabetes Educator (MLDE, LDE) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Are you a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)?
- * Please choose the answer that best represents your years of paid, full-time employment experience as a diabetes educator.
- More than 0, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please describe three attributes/skills you deem most important when educating a patient with diabetes.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter