Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Assistant. This role will provide high-level administrative support by coordinating relations with faculty, staff and students. This individual will also work closely with all members of the Business and Finance department and support both administrative and general accounting functions/tasks as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, etc.
- Screens telephone calls, greets guests either in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Arranges travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
- Assists vice president in creating documents, power point presentations or other materials.
- Reads, researches and routes correspondence; drafts letters and emails; collects and analyzes information; initiates communications on behalf of the VP.
- Create and submit expense reports and reimbursement requests for the vice president Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Processes payroll, tracks vacation; serves as liaison between staff and vice president for approval of time off, keeping department calendars up to date with approved days.
- Prepares records such as agenda, notices, minutes and resolutions for meetings and drafts correspondence.
- Coordinates meetings with staff, organizes programs, department retreats, monthly meetings or conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating presentations and processing expenses for event.
- Prepares department monthly Cabinet Meeting, and Board of Trustees Reports with supporting documentation.
- Maintain confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Clear checks from the bank in the university's ERP system by the end of the business day.
- Enter daily journal entries for cash by noon and others by the end of the business day.
- Scan finance items by the end of the subsequent day.
Weekly tasks (to be completed the day of a check run):
- Create and send positive pay file to the bank within 1 hour of notification of approval from.
- Save all investment account bank statements into imaging system by the 1st business day of the month.
- Generate outstanding check list by the 1st business day of the month.
- Update grant folders and spreadsheet for monthly activity and prepare billing.
- Bachelor's Degree plus two years' experience OR high school diploma/GED plus four years' experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of accounting principles, excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Tact, strict confidentiality in the handling of sensitive information, independent judgment, discretion, organizational skills, and flexibility, documentation of issues and outcomes, and follow-through.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skill to analyze, formulate solutions, and resolve problems in the absence of higher authorities while maintaining professional relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to compose independent correspondence, and proofread letters, memos, and reports using correct rules of punctuation, grammar, and style.
- Ability to research, gathers, and organizes information to produce concise reports using relational databases.
- Strong coordination skills with prior experience preparing travel arrangements and demonstrated ability to keep accurate, orderly files and records.
- Familiarity with modern software tools for office automation (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project Manager, Outlook, Synchronize). Familiarity with html and internet browsers.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and mathematical skills needed to perform calculations using percentages and decimals, and ability to recognize errors and/or discrepancies and take administrative action to correct.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at email@example.com; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7290.
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.