Security System Field Technician
- Manage assigned Electronic Systems service calls on access control, CCTV, intercom and IP surveillance systems.
- Follow troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals and parts manuals in order to diagnose and repair equipment or systems.
- Access software in order to correct problems. Diagnose hardware problems and replace or repair defective equipment as required.
- Troubleshoot potential networking problems and field wiring problems.
- IT and Networking experience helpful
- Repair and service equipment to meet customer expectations and manufacturer specifications.
- Field coordination and communication with dispatchers, other technicians
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations on restoring a specific system back to normal condition.
- Customer satisfaction through coordination, response to customer requests and problems and clear communication skills.
- Prepare work order reports on daily activities.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Understand diagrams, software/system programs, and operation/product manuals.
- Required to lift and or carry equipment and tools, which may be over forty (40) pounds. Working environment may involve climbing ladders and scaffoldings with equipment, upwards to forty (40) feet. Capable of working in cramped workspaces
- Maintain efficient truck inventory to ensure timely response to customers need.
- Experience with installation and service of IP Surveillance, access control, CCTV, intrusion intercom and fire alarm systems.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of electricity and electronics.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Ability to effectively work independently.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Be able to carry and move equipment/tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- The field technician may work in unusual and often difficult positions such as climbing ladders, lift equipment and cramped areas. Must comply with safety guidelines at all times.
- Minimum high school/trade school graduate, military, or two year Associate degree in a technical field involving electronics or computers.
- Working knowledge of personal computers (mainly Windows 7, some XP), Networking a plus.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and test equipment such as multi-meters and communication devices as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand specifications, schedules and equipment installation/operation/troubleshooting manuals.
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record is required.
- Security and Background check is required.
- Paid leave.
- Paid holidays.
- 40 hour work week.
- Paid overtime available.
- Paid training.
Electronic Security Services, Inc. (ESSI) has been serving the security needs of property management, commercial businesses, and institutions since 1981. We have over 4,000 high-rise condominiums, apartments, gated communities, institutions, and commercial businesses in our database. ESSI is an active member (and 5-star sponsor) of PMA (Property management Association), CAI (Condominium Association Institute), and IREM (Institute of Real Estate Management) locally. We are nationally recognized as one of the top security systems integrator in the US, and are currently members of the nationally accredited Association; The Professional Security Alliance (PSA). www.essi-security.com. We offer competitive pay, paid vacation, holidays, health insurance, 401K and other benefits.
Upper Marlboro, MD
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:24:28 PDT