Senior Product Designer (Software)
We're seeking a talented, passionate designer to join our team in-house and help design our communications platform. The position will require you to lead the creative direction here at Overpass. We're looking for someone with strong user interface, usability and visual design skills to create scalable concepts and experiences. Your role will be to define and design compelling and intuitive user experiences and produce clean, user efficient, and inspiring interfaces. You will work collaboratively with web developers, product managers and end users - leading design throughout the planning and development lifecycle for a multitude of unique and different interfaces.
Skills We're Looking For
• 6+ years experience as a user experience designer, user interface designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• Ability to create illustrations and visual images to communicate complex systems
• Icon design, Infographic design, Mobile App design
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
• Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
• Experience designing enterprise dashboards and reports for large data sets is a strong plus
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus
• Knowledge of the psychology behind information visualization
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively
• Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative, agile environment
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools (e.g. Adobe CC tools, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch etc)
• Familiar with rapid prototyping tools (e.g. InVision, Azure, Proto.io etc)
• Experience designing social products
• Experience with pattern libraries
• Video, sound editing, and interactive content development experience
In order to be considered for this position, pleases submit a portfolio or 2-3 work samples demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions.
Overpass enables organizations to create and supervise campaigns for customer outreach. Companies can invite agents and start making calls in minutes. Right now our platform is in private beta and is being used and tested by a select group of customers.
Our team consists of successful developers, designers, and product people all working towards the same goal, enhance the way companies approach their communications. We're fortunate to have a team that has a wealth of experience in both business and consumer based products. We know what it takes to truly make a difference in this space and we're getting ready to show it to the world. We value work-life balance, career growth, and being at the forefront of technology, design and business. Each team member is unique and brings their own contributions to the table.
We're looking forward to our public beta launch and having you on the team with us.
Here are a couple things to consider:
• We offer a competitive salary
• You'll work in a newly renovated and designed office space
• Our kitchen is stocked with lots of free snacks and food
• Lounge area
• Casual & relaxed work environment
• Flexible vacation days
• We are a 5-minute walk from Newark Penn Station and a 25-minute commute from mid & lower Manhattan
• We give you access to Pluralsight and other resources
• You will be working with the latest technologies
• We'll provide you with awesome hardware
• UX / UI Design: 6 years
Job Type: Full-time
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY - LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
What We Do:
Overpass is a Newark, New Jersey-based enterprise-grade communications company in its development stages. Our seasoned background and fresh perspective are the backbone of what we have created - a groundbreaking platform that will transform the way that businesses communicate with their consumers. We understand the ins and outs of today's engagement tactics and plan to refine and develop current communications practices. The end goal is to help our clients streamline their business functions and improve customer interactions from every angle, on any device. As we prepare to make our industry debut, we are looking to grow our team of designers, developers and operational professionals who will support and contribute to the Overpass vision of success.
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 13:27:12 PDT