Director for Institutional Advancement
Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine seeks a hardworking, motivated and team-oriented professional to launch the Development Office as the first Director for Institutional Advancement in this new school. This individual will report to the Assistant Dean for Administration in the Office of the Dean, and will work closely with the School of Medicine Dean, University’s Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs and Northwell’s Development Office.
The Director for Institutional Advancement will be responsible for creating and executing a development and communications plan, as well as crafting an alumni affairs engagement effort for all fundraising activities for the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine including annual fund, events, advisory board management and tracking and coordinating major gift activity. He/she will build a prospect pipeline, database, and be responsible for development operations and raising money.
Heavy emphasis will be placed on establishing best practices and meeting agreed-upon goals. The candidate will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishing best practices in fundraising, and help to educate all stakeholders in such activities as they relate to the School of Medicine – including faculty, staff, alumni and donors
- Develop a strong working relationship with the doctors from the Health System with faculty appointments.
- Create a strategic plan to cultivate and solicit alumni, friends and other constituencies. This plan will detail annual unrestricted giving as well as major gifts and entail creating and successfully executing an Annual Fund Campaign.
- Work in collaboration with the School of Medicine Dean, and members of the University Development Office to coordinate annual fund appeals, major gift asks and events.
- Carry a portfolio of prospects and meet established fundraising and meeting goals. Weekly standing and monthly group meetings will review progress and hold this individual as well as other staff accountable.
- Coordinate with the Dean and work closely with the Development offices of the University and Northwell on the solicitation and stewardship of gifts.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years professional fundraising experience; experience with a medical school or a health system – or institution of higher education – is preferred.
- Strong organizational, writing skills, and excellent oral communication ability required.
- Demonstrated ability to use current computer technology (Microsoft Office Products) proficiently.
- Demonstrates a history of proven success in prior employment.
- Establish and run an office that meets the school’s fundraising needs, i.e. establish metrics to define and measure progress and be accountable.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review data and extrapolate needed information to make informed and timely decisions
- Maintain high level of confidentiality, use discretion and interact in a professional and collegial manner with students, staff, faculty, leadership, prospective and established donors.
For consideration, please submit a letter of application, cover letter, resume, references and salary requirement to:
School of Medicine Search Committee
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Apply for Director for Institutional Advancement
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly