Weapons Based Instructor - Military Tactics (Infantry)
TSO Armor & Training, Inc. (TSO) is a leader in training support services, with a corporate office located in Chesapeake Virginia. We have potential opportunities for Training Support Services for Military Tactics Naval Construction Group ONE (NCG ONE), Port Hueneme, CA.
Selected individual will provide classroom and field training instruction utilizing approved lesson plans in accordance with training course control documents. Field training instruction consists of practical application in a field environment to cover course(s) learning objectives, advising and mentoring students, and performing Position Safety Officer Functions during Live Fire training evolutions required for weapons employment Courses of Instruction (COI).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide classroom and laboratory instruction for Navy security personnel in the following COIs:
- Basic Combat Skills Level 1 & 2
- Fire Team Leader Course
- Squad Leaders Course
- Convoy Security and Urban Skills
- Blue Force Tracker
- Officer and Chief Course
- Various Weapons employment courses (Claymore Mine, M67 FRAG Grenade, Shotgun, M-16, M9, M-203, MK-19, M2, .50 Cal, M240B, and AT-4)
- Counter Improvised Explosive Device Courses
- Combat Operations Center Communications Courses to include: Combat Post of the Future (CPOF), and Command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC)
- Provide instructional and safety support for live fire weapons training
- Adhere to and maintain academic standards and provide remediation for students when required
- Maintain an orderly and professional classroom, as well as prepare classrooms, labs, ranges, equipment and course material for instructional delivery of curriculum
- Maintain proper dress code and grooming standards
- Must have High School Diploma
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (proof of citizenship required).
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and professional appearance.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance for the duration of the employees' service under this contract.
- Must have instructor certifications or have the qualifications in one of the following:
- Navy NEC 9502 - Journeyman Instructor,
- USMC/Army/Air Force/USCG Instructor certified
- Federal, State agency or civilian equivalent
- Navy NEC 9502 - Journeyman Instructor,
- Contractor personnel shall have a working knowledge of MS Office Suite and operating systems. (Windows XP, MS-Word, MS-Outlook, MS-PowerPoint, and MS-Excel).
- Shall have valid Passport
- Contractor personnel shall have basic math skills and be able to use a calculator.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, exercise initiative in gathering, assembling, collating and analyzing information for completion of projects.
- Contractor shall work independently or as part of a team with strong customer service, telephone skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be CPR qualified.
Additional Requirements. Familiarity with:
- Counter-Improvised Explosive Device (CIED) Awareness
- Blue Force Tracker (BFT)
- Combat Operations Center Software
Prior documented expeditionary tactical training experience with U. S. Armed Forces (Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force, or Coast Guard).
- Must have all training certificates/certifications available for course(s) of instruction
- Small Arms Instructor Course NEC 0812, or equivalent.
- Crew Served Weapons Instructor NEC 0814, or equivalent.
- Thorough familiarity of military weapons systems, and or communications systems, and or counter improvised explosive device training used in the Naval Construction Force (NCF)
- Thorough familiarity of a wide variety of military tactics topics associated with assigned courses in order to conduct training in the fundamentals and skills.
- Knowledge required to properly organize, illustrate, and interpret course material to give expressions to the abstract principle and concepts associated with the subject matter, and to make substantive recommendations for changes to the course.
Port Hueneme, CA
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:38:48 PDT