This position supports the Admissions processing group via the entry and verification of applications and supporting credentials in the Banner system, which includes maintenance of paper and digital files.
• Load online and paper applications;
• Enter and verify loose credentials (transcripts, test scores, etc…) into the Banner Student System database, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Purge older loose credentials and application documents under the direction of the Director of Admissions;
• Physically locate and distribute admission files;
• Ensure proper maintenance and timely transfer of student data/records to Admissions Evaluators;
• Coordinate all mail for applicants ensuring that credentials are entered correctly in BANNER and received by the correct staff member or NLU department (ie- records, student finance, NCE, faculty, etc.);
• Assist Admission Evaluators in locating files and credentials;
• Research and notify Director of Admissions when data discrepancies are identified;
• Respond to inquiries (in-person, email and phone) regarding the status of admission credentials.
• Run checklist letter data merges for email distribution
• High school diploma required; some college preferred.
• Strong research and problem-solving skills are necessary.
• Must be able to independently verify the validity of received credentials based on established criteria.
• Ability to make decisions based on existing intercollegiate and NLU admissions standards (i.e.- official transcripts).
• Must have the ability to problem-solve and reconcile data entry discrepancies.