UCF Regional Campus Librarians
University of Central Florida
Valencia Osceola and Valencia West Campus Librarians
Responsibilities: The University of Central Florida (UCF) Libraries seeks two experienced full-time librarians to serve a joint-use library at Valencia College, either the West or Osceola Campus. Primary responsibilities include participation in all modes of reference, library instruction, outreach, and collection development duties. As a Regional Campus librarian these positions participate in service delivery with college librarians in a shared facility and report to the UCF Head of Regional Campus Libraries. Unlike other Regional Librarians, the Osceola position will be scheduled one day per week in Orlando. Regional campus librarians maintain current knowledge of numerous print and electronic resources, as well as procedures related to document delivery, interlibrary loan, and other library services. They participate in regular electronic meetings and attend meetings on the UCF Orlando campus. Evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Master’s degree from an American Library Association accredited institution.
- Experience with academic, branch campus, joint-use or distance learning librarianship
- Demonstrated facility with virtual reference, webpage design and online tools
- Strong technology skills including demonstrated experience with courseware, conferencing, social media, multimedia production and emerging technologies
- Evidence of active participation in information literacy and instruction programs
- Experience or coursework in design, preparation and assessment of instruction materials or tutorials
- Demonstrated commitment to public service for a variety of constituents
- Evidence of initiative, flexibility and ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated involvement in professional research and service activities.
Environment: The University of Central Florida is one of the nation’s largest public universities, enrolling over 64,000 students and offering 95 bachelor’s, 86 master’s, and 31 doctoral programs. The main UCF library and branches have a collection of 2.2 million volumes, subscription base of 17,000 serials, and serve as a partial depository for government documents and patents. Full-time staffing of 107 includes 42 faculty. For more information about the UCF Libraries see http://library.ucf.edu
Salary and Rank: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a twelve-month, non-tenure track faculty position with insurance and retirement benefits, 22 paid annual days, 13 sick days, 9 holidays, and no state income tax.
To Apply: Candidates who apply for position 33135 will also be considered for position 32331. Complete the online application at https://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/49298 by the closing date of May 18, 2017. In addition submit a letter addressing the stated preferences, a curriculum vitae, and contact information for three current professional references. Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Questions may be directed to Search Chair, Cynthia Kisby, Head of Regional Campus Libraries, Cynthia.email@example.com. UCF is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.