Network Technician III
The successful candidate for the Telecommunications Technician III position will be responsible for following various information technology (IT) customer support procedures, performing maintenance on computer hardware and peripherals, and supporting the connection of approximately 2,000 users to the State's network. This role will support large scale projects where equipment and software is being deployed statewide. Other aspects of this role include:
- Learning the systems used by the Delaware Courts and becoming proficient in providing front line support which includes but is not limited to account creation, account removal, password resets, basic system navigation, establishing system connectivity and installing supporting software
- Providing support to Court users by using the tools available. This includes but is not limited to Epicor, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, System Center Configuration Manager, Planet Press, MigWiz, PowerShell, DameWare and Active Directory
- Operating independently to troubleshoot repairs and solutions for users. Also, identifying opportunities for documenting new situations and solutions and communicating your findings with your colleagues
- Researching scenarios where no previous experiences have been documented by the organization
- Communicating with end users efficiently, understanding their concerns and instilling confidence that their concerns can and will be addressed
- Evaluating equipment that is presenting issues and identifying what components are necessary to repair it
- Communicating with vendors to repair or replace equipment that is covered under warranty
- Documenting an appropriate level of detail for all requests to ensure issues are resolved with minimal interruptions to end user
- Learning and adapting to new technologies as they become available
- Supporting standard business applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Skype for Business, Access, and Adobe Acrobat
Minimum Qualifications: Please address each item separately on the Minimum Qualifications page of the application. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. Applicants must meet each of the following qualifications. Failure in any one area will result in a rating of "not qualified." Resumes may not be substituted for the application.
- At least two (2) years experience installing, testing, and configuring computer hardware and connecting it to a network. This includes the configuration of wired and wireless connections and the installation of infrastructure components.
- At least two (2) years experience administering computer data networks including troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving computer data networks problems.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively, both verbally and in writing, including the ability to communicate complex, technical information in a format appropriate to ensure audience comprehension with a diverse group of clients such as end-users, staff, and coworkers.
Conditions of Employment:
- A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
- Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of employment.
Benefits: To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit the website at http://ben.omb.delaware.gov/.
Submitting Your Application: Visit the website at http://courts.delaware.gov/career/ and review the complete job announcement, then click on "apply" next to the job posting. Then print, or complete and print, the Judicial Branch Non-Merit Employment Application in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. Applications should be submitted by any one of the formats listed below prior to the closing date stated on this announcement.
- Send your application as an e-mail attachment with the words "Application Form" in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
- Fax your application to: (302) 255-2482, Attention: Human Resources
- Mail your application to:
Administrative Office of the Courts
The Renaissance Centre
405 N. King Street, Suite 507
Wilmington, DE 19801-3700
Attachments to Applications:
- Please do not submit copies of evaluations, letters of reference, training certificates, or college transcripts unless requested.
- If supplemental information is requested by the posting, be sure to include it when you submit your application prior to the closing date.
- Applications or additional information will not be accepted after the closing date.
- Resumes will not be accepted unless accompanied by the application.
- Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458.
- TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The Delaware Judiciary An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
State of Delaware Judicial Branch, Administrative Office of the Courts, Judicial Information Technology Center. The Judicial Information Technology Center provides IT support to all of the Delaware Courts and its administrative offices.
New Castle, DE
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 13:24:11 PDT