Management & Leadership Faculty
Work From Home
Saybrook University is seeking a full time faculty for its Department of Leadership and Management in its College of Social Sciences.
Under the direction of the Program Director, the faculty is responsible for helping prepare professionals to take on management and leadership positions and address organizational needs in a variety of for-profit or nonprofit industries. This person will help students work towards being leading edge contributors to their organizations and agents of systemic sustainable change; prepare leaders and managers who can work creatively in a globally interdependent world that is diverse, complex, and changing rapidly.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach courses related to organizations, management and leadership.
- Assume the lead faculty position for overseeing the MA in Management Program
- Assist with Residential Conferences
- Work closely with students and colleagues
- Active participation in degree and departmental meetings.
- Instruction, course development and syllabus review/updating.
- Deliver high quality innovative online courses that foster critical thinking.
- Attendance and active participation in Residential Orientations for new students and Residential Conferences for returning students.
- Mentoring students
- PhD in Management, Leadership or an equivalent.
- Scholar-practitioners are preferred
- Previous experience in faculty leadership roles, particularly with regard to curriculum development and online teaching.
- Demonstrated scholarship, leadership practice and/or accomplishments.
- Relevant supervision and teaching experience at the doctoral level, including supervision of doctoral dissertation research.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of Saybrook University.
- Able to offer on line instruction regarding diverse theoretical perspectives.
- Promotes interdisciplinary work within and beyond the Department.
- Committed to excellence in teaching, practice and research.
- Critical and strategic thinkers.
- Active participation in professional associations related to management and leadership.
- Strong commitment to equality, diversity and multiculturalism in education.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, and multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University's academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.