Graduate Assistant 2/3 - Education Department
Job Category Graduate Assistantship
Posting Number M00744
Reports To Coordinator, Educational Clinical Experiences
Point of Contact Diana Talbert
Marymount Graduate Students enrolled in the Masters of Education program and who are taking at least 6 graduate credits each semester are invited to apply for a part-time (2/3) Graduate Assistantship position in the Education department.
The position begins one week before classes start for the summer 2017 semester and ends one week after classes end in the summer 2017 semester. A 2/3 Graduate Assistant in the Education Department works 210 hours total each semester of the assistantship (which averages 21 hours/week in a typical 10 week summer semester); and receives a waiver of six (6) credits of graduate tuition.
The graduate assistant provides research and administrative support to the department. Interviews for the position begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
• Accepted into Marymount as a graduate student in the Education department
• Enrolled in at least 6 credits each semester of the assistantship
• Current graduate students must have a 3.0 GPA or higher. For entering graduate students, undergraduate GPA must be a minimum of 3.0.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Academic record and community/professional service and experience will be considered in the decision-making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of team and follow through on assigned tasks
• Excellent computer skills
• Accepted students enrolled full-time are given preference over part-time students
Special Notes to Applicants
For summer 2017 one 2/3 GA will be hired. The position begins one week before classes start for the summer 2017 semester and ends one week after classes end in the summer 2017 semester.
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The university's location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nation's capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Percent of total time 100%
Responsibility / Duty
Providing administrative and research support to the department (assisting with clinical site placements, data collection and entry, creating surveys, coordinating and assisting with events/meetings, supporting faculty research, information gathering and dissemination, maintaining listserv & other duties as assigned).
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Will you be enrolled in at least 6 credits each semester of the assistantship?
- * Have you been accepted or are you currently attending Marymount as a graduate student in the Education department?
- * Do you have at least a 3.0 GPA?
- Cover Letter