Food Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform diagnostic tests and procedures, either electrical or mechanical.
- Responsible for performing electrical maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Dismantle, adjust, repair and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings.
- Rebuild manufacturing equipment as required: fabricated parts, welds, etc.
- Interface with production supervisors and workers to solicit information about problems and performance.
- Maintain a clean and well organized work area that promotes safety and efficiency
- Ensure compliance with applicable quality system standards and the unit's food safety, and security programs in support of essential manufacturing strategies and practices.
- Associate's degree in electrical and/or mechanical field or equivalent trade knowledge in a formal registered training program preferred and 4+ years maintenance experience in similar environment. Knowledge and experience may be substituted for degree.
- Knowledge, experience and/or training in PLC controls is a must.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, maintenance manuals and sketches, perform basic math and handbook formulas, and use a variety of measuring instruments.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Able to work independently.
- Advanced electrical, mechanical and welding skills a must.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in performing maintenance and repair.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work off shifts - 3pm-11pm and/or 11pm-7am
Johanna Foods is a state-of-the-art food manufacturer located in Flemington, New Jersey. Privately operated since 1995, Johanna Foods is now one of the country's largest producers and distributors of fruit juices, drinks and yogurt. Our products include the popular La Yogurt and Sabor Latino yogurt, Tree Ripe juices, Earth Wise juice beverages, Ssips and Sabor Latino drinks and nectars, and Ssips aseptic drink boxes, all using cutting-edge technologies and only the freshest, highest quality ingredients. Johanna Foods is also a leading private label and co-pack juice and yogurt producer, manufacturing products for numerous leading retailers and brands.
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 07:40:17 PDT